John Textor

Not a time waster but he is a serious loose cannon who WILL cause us problems at some point if he gets control Dave. He has accused refs of being corrupt (which has backfired on him and his team) and is now accusing PSG of allsorts and they want him to apologise or they will take the matter further. He might have money but he is a troublemaker.
You mean we won't be the roll over for a belly rub club anymore ?
It's worked so well for us.

I'm ALL in on that.

The Esk did not like this on his latest TTB. Reckons Textor plans to list his multi club portfolio on the NYSE and Palace dont have the PL draw of Everton. Considering they have finished higher than us the last few years, not sure that stacks.
Bigger picture though we are a much bigger and better long-term prospect though and the stadium just cements that.

Instinctively i dont like the smell of it for a few reasons and he strikes me as loose cannon.

It would go a long way to reassuring me, if i could see where the money would be coming from here and also where its coming from in the future.

What's backing him...........

He's reportedly worth circa £3billion from his media empire.

That must be his 'in' for the PL: these yank owners are eyeing up the breakdown of collective bargaining by PL clubs and looking to break it apart and sell individual broadcasting rights. He'll see EFC in a new state of the art stadium as a great spectacle he can sell for a tidy profit.

As I just stated: that's the bugbear with this. But we at least are the flagship club.

Even though Friedkin has more money, runs a big club successfully, isn't a loose cannon, and wouldn't bring in a whole consortium in order take over?

Principles I guess.

Instinctively i dont like the smell of it for a few reasons and he strikes me as loose cannon.

It would go a long way to reassuring me, if i could see where the money would be coming from here and also where its coming from in the future.

What's backing him...........
Fairly sure Textor has links to the duPont family I think which might explain some of it.

Even though Friedkin has more money, runs a big club successfully, isn't a loose cannon, and wouldn't bring in a whole consortium in order take over?

Principles I guess.
That's never been established has it?

He's had Mourinho win a third rate euro trophy for him and now he's in the business of trimming cost at Roma.

I sincerely hope for you that it won't happen. Textor is nothing mord than a chancer. A talented and sympathetic one, but a chancer. He turned our club (OL) into a proper circus when we used to be a very well run club. Since he took over, many subcontractors complained about the delays in the payments from the club. Yesterday, Metz formally complained to the league that Lyon didn't pay acording to agreed installments for the transfer of Mikautadze. I really would not wish that to any other supporters.

This can't be happening because ESK said he would never own the club.

AND

If nobody minds on here can I go for the period of exclusivity next please when this all falls apart ?
shawn-michaels-shawn.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back