John Textor / Everton Takeover

…have you changed your view on Textor, or where you as sceptical when he was first interested?

View attachment 269044
Ive kinda changed my view to be honest.

I didnt like the way he opened his trap last time knowing he cant buy us and its the same now, he cant buy us while he has Palace shares.

Im sure he has a plan to dispose of his Palace shares, so if he does offload them, then I will probably feel differently.

Its a concern what hes doing at Lyon tho, hes acting full Moshiri and you never go full Moshiri.

If he gets it over the line and comes in, colour me sceptical for now.

Tough to hitch my wagon to either side when 1s got the Esk and the others got Dave
TBH, I'm not 100% on Textor for the reasons outlined by others in terms of the source of his cash. The Esk has questions concerning his record in buying assets by borrowing money. The Esk sees it as smoke and mirrors and part of Moshiri's continued control over the narrative. But this feller isn't fictitious, he has control of other clubs and has invested via Eagle Football over a billion to get controlling or substantial shareholding in his stable of clubs.

Regardless of source, we cant dismiss his ability to secure clubs. I dont think this is a bogus bid. And while Everton is the biggest challenge for him yet, I can see him securing us.

There is no incentive for Parish and Co to lowball Textor as they own a whole bunch of the same shaers which would also be devalued.
That would be true if the shares were publicly available but they aren’t. They are currently offering to buy Textor’s shares for what he paid for them but Textor ( not unreasonably) is looking for an uplift as the club is worth more now than then. He claims this is partly due to him which is not universally agreed by either the board or the fanbase.

Ive kinda changed my view to be honest.

I didnt like the way he opened his trap last time knowing he cant buy us and its the same now, he cant buy us while he has Palace shares.

Im sure he has a plan to dispose of his Palace shares, so if he does offload them, then I will probably feel differently.

Its a concern what hes doing at Lyon tho, hes acting full Moshiri and you never go full Moshiri.

If he gets it over the line and comes in, colour me sceptical for now.

Sensible posts like this doesn't belong on this forum

I thought you were opposed to the multi club model Dave ? as you believed it would dilute the Everton brand 😆
Dealt with that above. I dont like it, but this scenario at least makes us the the flagship club. My main objection to going in with Freidkin was that it made us the junior partner to Roma.

TBH, I'm not 100% on Textor for the reasons outlined by others in terms of the source of his cash. The Esk has questions concerning his record in buying assets by borrowing money. The Esk sees it as smoke and mirrors and part of Moshiri's continued control over the narrative. But this feller isn't fictitious, he has control of other clubs and has invested via Eagle Football over a billion to get controlling or substantial shareholding in his stable of clubs.

Regardless of source, we cant dismiss his ability to secure clubs. I dont think this is a bogus bid. And while Everton is the biggest challenge for him yet, I can see him securing us.
Textor financed the take over of palace (or part of it at least) using high interest rate loans. I remain skeptical right now.

lyon.jpg

Thats potentially the worst transfer window in the history of football.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back