John Textor / Everton Takeover

I want to add @Eggs that I am concerned that we could be left in limbo indefinitely by all this

He is nowhere near close to selling those Crystal Palace shares. No where near

This is why I see it as so ridiculous. We have needs now. Not in two years time

What I was trying to get across in my "nonsense" post @GrandOldTeam

Paul Brown?

I don't believe he can, nor should the league allow it

He's looking through our books whilst he owns shares in Crystal Palace. If he doesn't end up purchasing he'll have all the inside information re: Everton

it's not healthy
Moshiri can grant exclusivity to whoever he likes, there is no regulation for that regardless of the privileged nature of the information. It speaks to the scant disregard that Moshiri has for the future of the club, his reckless nature and how seemingly desperate he is to sell, but we knew that from his attempts to deal with 777.

However if he agrees to sell his shares to Textor the PL will become involved and if Textor hasn’t sold his CP shareholding it will be a big fat no.

Possibly. Would want much more details from him.

My objections are purely that he owns a significant shareholding in Crystal Palace. He is no where near selling and has been trying to sell for some time

That is a huge issue and I don't see why he should be allowed to open negotiations to buy Everton when he's prohibited by the rules from owning Everton whilst he still owns those Crystal Palace shares.

….i understand but I’d be more concerned if there’s a consensus that he’s not a fit and proper option.

We simply don’t know if he’s close to selling his shares.

Fair play to be concerned about another owner seeing EFC’s non-public financial info, but any exclusivity agreement anticipating due diligence will have confidentiality and non-disclosure provisions.

Pretty standard for any merger/acquisition.

These are very wealthy people.

Do people honestly think they would be willing to waste their time on pipe dreams or pointless acquisitions?

Have you considered there is possibly already something in the pipeline with regards to selling his palace stake holding and the exclusivity may have been given for that reason?

I know Mosh can be a bit of a bell, but I’m pretty sure he will be aware Textor can’t take control until he’s exited palace.

I don't believe he can, nor should the league allow it

He's looking through our books whilst he owns shares in Crystal Palace. If he doesn't end up purchasing he'll have all the inside information re: Everton

it's not healthy

I believe he can with 12 months grace.

There is clearly a lot of negative reasons for him not too, but they are nearly all out in the open, and he is still happy to explore options, for whatever reasons.

I don't think Textor will end up buying Everton.

It's not a house. It's a competitive football team.

I notice the Premier League hasn't commented yet. What will they say when a > 10% shareholder in a competitor club is trying to by the majority at Everton

It'll be sell all your Crystal Palace shares first before we will even discuss anything with you

Other clubs may complain about undermining the integrity of the competition etc.

That is what.

Comparing this transaction to buying a house is nonsense

People said FFP would never impact Everton. They were wrong. Watch what happens here....

What do you think should happen here?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.