John Textor

Farhad Moshiri didn’t need to give John Textor exclusivity in a deal to buy Everton despite his eagerness to complete a takeover.

That is the view of finance expert Stefan Borson, who exclusively told Football Insider the Everton owner perhaps believes the American businessman has a deal lined up to sell his 45-per-cent stake in Crystal Palace.

Just a thought -
As I understand it (and I don't claim to BTW) a period of exclusivity is a guarantee that no talks will be entered into with another party during that period.
There is still no official confirmation from either Moshiri or Textor to the effect that they have entered a 'period of exclusivity' Indeed some experts (well Damo to name one) say that he can't legally enter exclusivity until he gets shut of his Palace shares.
Is it possible that Ornstein got it wrong and that this is just some kind of informal Gentlemans agreement ?
i.e. Perhaps Moshiri has agreed not to open talks with other parties until Textor is in a position to make a formal bid. (If so, then he must surely have offered Moshiri some form of collateral by way of guarantee)
I'm probably chatting total wham here, but I'm just curious as to why there has been no club statement. 🤷‍♂️

Edit -See post above

Farhad Moshiri didn’t need to give John Textor exclusivity in a deal to buy Everton despite his eagerness to complete a takeover.

That is the view of finance expert Stefan Borson, who exclusively told Football Insider the Everton owner perhaps believes the American businessman has a deal lined up to sell his 45-per-cent stake in Crystal Palace.
This Borson fella is a grade A wham chatter.

Stefan Borson talks absolute garbage and Football Insider is comfortably one of the worst football sites going which I guarantee has zero inside connections in football.

Just a thought -
As I understand it (and I don't claim to BTW) a period of exclusivity is a guarantee that no talks will be entered into with another party during that period.
There is still no official confirmation from either Moshiri or Textor to the effect that they have entered a 'period of exclusivity' Indeed some experts (well Damo to name one) say that he can't legally enter exclusivity until he gets shut of his Palace shares.
Is it possible that Ornstein got it wrong and that this is just some kind of informal Gentlemans agreement ?
i.e. Perhaps Moshiri has agreed not to open talks with other parties until Textor is in a position to make a formal bid. (If so, then he must surely have offered Moshiri some form of collateral by way of guarantee)
I'm probably chatting total wham here, but I'm just curious as to why there has been no club statement. 🤷‍♂️

Edit -See post above
Stuff like owning shares in another club or any other question of suitability would only be looked at by the PL once a sale is agreed and ratification is formally required for it to go through.

Given the amount of deals that ultimately come to nothing there's no point in the PL getting involved at 'period of exclusivity' or similar precursor stages until actually required to approve an agreed purchase.

the law is he still has to by PL?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back