John Textor

Goodness knows, although for all my skepticism related to all things Everton I do get the vibe Textor is coming across as genuine in his desire to own the club. It’s just not a very easy deal for him to do.

As others have said, TFG have retained an interest via their loan and maybe now is the time they have to make their decision on whether to come back in or the club will go to Text man?
Textor managed to get a 3rd party serious investment group to release a statement saying how excited to be part of the Everton investment. Their wording sounded like a done deal, which is bizarre. You can’t always just throw out random comments in the US market. He is definitely serious, borderline desperate. Should have got all his ducks in a row at Palace before though.

If TFG are genuinely back with their same offer, you’d have to assume Mosh goes with them. He’s already chosen them over Textor once. We don’t know if that’s because of their respective offers, or the risk that Textor takes ages to sort his Palace situation out. They have already done all the due diligence. Could presumably get the owners test ball rolling today if they needed to.

God knows who would turn out to be the better owners though. It’s all guesswork.

Textor managed to get a 3rd party serious investment group to release a statement saying how excited to be part of the Everton investment. Their wording sounded like a done deal, which is bizarre. You can’t always just throw out random comments in the US market. He is definitely serious, borderline desperate. Should have got all his ducks in a row at Palace before though.

If TFG are genuinely back with their same offer, you’d have to assume Mosh goes with them. He’s already chosen them over Textor once. We don’t know if that’s because of their respective offers, or the risk that Textor takes ages to sort his Palace situation out. They have already done all the due diligence. Could presumably get the owners test ball rolling today if they needed to.

God knows who would turn out to be the better owners though. It’s all guesswork.
My, admittedly unfounded, sense is that Textor might be the more likely to invest heavily in the playing squad in the short term whereas TFG would be more about slow and steady progress on and off the field.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back