John Textor

Can’t read the article myself as I don’t have a subscription but…

Basically it says that they asked Damo about the sale of Everton and he told them that Dan the man was still in the frame for buying Everton
When asked how he knew this Damo just winked and with a sly grin said
“ I know things that you don’t know “

Just maybe Textor is in cahoots with Moshiri and has talked up a solid bid to get Friedkin back out in the open. Stranger things have happened.
Goodness knows, although for all my skepticism related to all things Everton I do get the vibe Textor is coming across as genuine in his desire to own the club. It’s just not a very easy deal for him to do.

As others have said, TFG have retained an interest via their loan and maybe now is the time they have to make their decision on whether to come back in or the club will go to Text man?

Goodness knows, although for all my skepticism related to all things Everton I do get the vibe Textor is coming across as genuine in his desire to own the club. It’s just not a very easy deal for him to do.

As others have said, TFG have retained an interest via their loan and maybe now is the time they have to make their decision on whether to come back in or the club will go to Text man?
My read on the situation would be that if TFG are considering reigniting interest it’s because Textor is becoming a serious option. I think TFG would have enough knowledge of that world to sniff out a phantom bid if that were the case.

I think TFG have always played the long game, knowing that having 200m down put them in some degree of control and bought them time to wait and see how certain things panned out. There was no urgency for them until a credible rival bid was on the table.

If they’ve now hit a point where it’s time to put up or shut up it’s probably because the word inside the industry is that Textor is making progress, in terms of his Palace shares and getting the capital together for Everton. In turn forcing them to do what they’d always planned, ie to have a final look and a final think when forced, but not before.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back