John Textor

What actually does this even mean? It is built.
What everyone has said since it started to be built. Even though there is no evidence to suggest this, we will be selling the stadium to (insert name of flim flam man here) and renting it back. Failing that, we will enter administration and sell the stadium to Liverpool FC or the council or something.

Well there was 5 or 6 groups of billionaires interested a few weeks ago
How many were actually serious though, I mean Manoukin (Spelling) despite various claims didn't really have any money. Vici wasn't far off 2 blokes in a bedsit despite claims to be representing multi billionaires (A quick look into them and they look like a pair of Delboy types. TFG got scared and walked away. Kevin Malone, didn't do anything amazing the last time he was involved in sport and its never gone beyond paper talk. Who else was there, they certainly haven't come forward have they. The 777 thing is killing us, nobody will touch us with a bargepole.

How many were actually serious though, I mean Manoukin (Spelling) despite various claims didn't really have any money. Vici wasn't far off 2 blokes in a bedsit despite claims to be representing multi billionaires (A quick look into them and they look like a pair of Delboy types. TFG got scared and walked away. Kevin Malone, didn't do anything amazing the last time he was involved in sport and its never gone beyond paper talk. Who else was there, they certainly haven't come forward have they. The 777 thing is killing us, nobody will touch us with a bargepole.

Well I'd suggest they were all pretty serious. And most knew about the 777 thing. At least one, in Textor is still serious, despite it being public, and we are months closer to the stadium opening. There was also Bell/Downing backed by Dell. MSP with backers to go alongside the 4 billionaires you've mentioned above. And that's just show showed their hand publicly.

Respectfully I was saying that there would be multiple billionaires interested if 777 walked away, which most cynics and experts disagreed with. And there were multiple.

This will remain the case now.

If Textor walks away then we are done for, come Oct/Nov we need regular funding again and Moshiri ain't doing it. I really hope its not the case but I have concerns both on and off the pitch this season.

No we are not. This is just ludicrous. The same was said last January with 777 and 6 separate groups of billionaires came forward (at least 6). We were supposedly going into admin and a fire sale with TFG walked away (but still hold some interest) and no fire sale/admin has emerged.

Even before the loans Textor has given, we had pretty much paid off the stadium, and had funding through for the entire season. That's before August TV monies came in, and any additional loans from Textor came in.

Even the most pessimistic of analysis would have said that June/July 2025 would have been a cash pinch point. We would not run out of cash in October

Well I'd suggest they were all pretty serious. And most knew about the 777 thing. At least one, in Textor is still serious, despite it being public, and we are months closer to the stadium opening. There was also Bell/Downing backed by Dell. MSP with backers to go alongside the 4 billionaires you've mentioned above. And that's just show showed their hand publicly.

Respectfully I was saying that there would be multiple billionaires interested if 777 walked away, which most cynics and experts disagreed with. And there were multiple.

This will remain the case now.
But there isn't though mate, you mention 777 that led to TFG, who themselves back away, so what happened to all these groups pre TFG who were so interested in buying in, they have gone and won't come back because a) 777 b) they just don't want to deal with a clown like Moshiri. We just have to hope something gets sorted with Textor or someone else and asap, the longer it goes on the more things will boil over eventually.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back