John Textor

Everton is a club stuck in quicksand. Anyone that has tried to pull it out has just ended up stuck too, and now also needs pulling out.
Honestly no idea how this gets resolved but it’s a long long way off.

Matt Slater sums it all up in incredibly grim detail, basically saying that “everyone has seen the brochure” for Everton over the last 2 years and that some really experienced people have tried to sell the club including Deloitte and various experienced law firms.

And, even though 4 or 5 serious buyers over the last 2 years have been convinced of the immense potential and history of Everton, combined with the iconic new stadium, once they get in to the finer detail of what £ will be required to get there (before you even get to improving the playing squad), they’ve winced and withdrawn.

I suppose there is no point going over and over it - but how did a supposed accountant in Mosh think he was doing the right thing ?

I can only imagine that Uzzy was going to try and bank-roll us into the CL to grow revenues to the size that dwarfed the debt.

I feel there's no point worrying about the club, it's only going to end one way isn't it.
The 777 thing is absolutely strangling us atm, nobody wants to touch us with a barge pole as it could potentially damage their business rep long term. No idea what the answer is, Moshiri is not going to pay it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back