John Textor

The longer it goes on, the greater the likelihood of the existing creditors having to agree a solution amongst themselves. Friedkin is now a creditor.

In practical terms that leaves RMF in the equation. I don't expect they will develop an appetite to run a football club, but assuming the 777 situation can eventually be resolved, this leaves them. Friedkin, and Moshiri as the parties that decide what happens to the club.

I'm still hoping that this means Friedkin returns to the table eventually, but it's not just down to him. RMF have been the elephant in the room for too long.

Think the Saudi's during the World Cup ran a mile when Mosh went after them.

Tells you a lot.
Agreed. I think 777 is somewhat of a red herring in terms of the blame game here. The club was in a hell of a state clearly before they were involved and I’m not sure it’s just being tied to them that’s the issue.

In terms of reputational damage to a buyer, the 777 involvement is something they can clearly distance themselves from and portray themselves as coming to the rescue and putting things right. I’m guessing it all comes down to costs and right now the club is not looking like good value to prospective buyers. Particularly when PSR will prevent any well heeled sports washing types buying their way to the PL title.

The longer it goes on, the greater the likelihood of the existing creditors having to agree a solution amongst themselves. Friedkin is now a creditor.

In practical terms that leaves RMF in the equation. I don't expect they will develop an appetite to run a football club, but assuming the 777 situation can eventually be resolved, this leaves them. Friedkin, and Moshiri as the parties that decide what happens to the club.

I'm still hoping that this means Friedkin returns to the table eventually, but it's not just down to him. RMF have been the elephant in the room for too long.
Yeah would not surprise me if Friedkin turns up again when he can get a more advantageous deal. We as fans want and I dare say deserve resolution quickly but in situations when brinksmanship can save you a heck of a lot of money then I can understand why there may be a few games being played.

Matt Slater referred to Textor’s Palace shares as the worlds most expensive season ticket. He wants to pursue this multi club model and float it all on the stock exchange, which his co owners seemingly have no interest in.

The other Palace owners have been the only ones seriously interested in buying his Palace shares thus far and have only offered him what he paid for them, around £100m. But for all this to work, he needs to sell them for around £200-£250m. It’s quite a big gap in valuation and it probably isn’t going to be solved quickly is the impression that was given on the Athletic podcast.

It really is unless he gets 26% more of the vote on his side. The other guys clearly aren't going along with it however.

Yeah would not surprise me if Friedkin turns up again when he can get a more advantageous deal. We as fans want and I dare say deserve resolution quickly but in situations when brinksmanship can save you a heck of a lot of money then I can understand why there may be a few games being played.

If he doesn't buy the club by the start of next season his chance will be gone.

BMD alone will generate between £50-70 millions more to the club a season than GP including the recent catering deal.

EFC will no longer be paying the builders tens of millions of pounds a year on top.

We have the new £20m a season kit deal.

Stakes deal is up for renewal end of this season therefore we will likely get an increased new shirt sponsorship deal.

Potential for a stadium naming rights deal which would be £15-25m a season on top.

From Moshiri's perspective, he just needs to see the next 12 months out as once we move ground, he's under no pressure to sell at a major loss. He may not be happy to "take a haircut".

BMD alone will generate between £50-70 millions more to the club a season than GP including the recent catering deal.

EFC will no longer be paying the builders tens of millions of pounds a year on top.

Stakes deal is up for renewal end of this season therefore we will likely get an increased new shirt sponsorship deal.

Potential for a stadium naming rights deal which would be £15-25m a season on top.

From Moshiri's perspective, he just needs to see the next 12 months out as once we move ground, he's under no pressure to sell at a major loss. He may not be happy to "take a haircut".
Would buyers not be factoring the upside into any potential bid already? Agree that Moshiri may well not want to take a haircut and that may also be contributing to the inertia. Everyone holding off and waiting for the right moment.

Utter nonsense. Made up figures.

Would buyers not be factoring the upside into any potential bid already? Agree that Moshiri may well not want to take a haircut and that may also be contributing to the inertia. Everyone holding off and waiting for the right moment.
Yes. The one thing that is up in the air is PL survival

Utter nonsense. Made up figures.

I see the same drivel from you @ForeverBlue92 about the fantasy revenue increases magnitude, that was seen at the time of the last STAKE shirt sponsorship "record deal"

People were saying that was a £20 million increase on Kazoo. It turned out it was a +£300,000 a season increase over the Kazoo deal.

People like you like to throw figures around with absolutely no basis to the figures.

BMD at 52,888 capacity is not going to double our revenue. It just isn't!

The club reduced the hospitality capacity to 5000 from 10000 initially. Revenues will be lower as a consequence.

You're in complete fantasy land

I have heard various people now saying the stadium could bring in 50 to 70 million per year. Why is it nonsense?

The capacity of BMD has only been reduced from initial plans. Including hospitality capacity being halved.

BMD will not double our revenues.

He said "BMD alone will generate between £50-70 millions more to the club a season than GP"

Nonsense.

I have heard various people now saying the stadium could bring in 50 to 70 million per year. Why is it nonsense?

Increased ticket prices
Increased capacity
Increased hospitality
Concerts/events
Sponsorship & matchday deals
New Catering deal
Corporate events

Could even be more than £70m pa.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back