John Textor

I wonder what happened to the previous interested parties specifically Malone of Dodgers fame. I suspect it is right that no one will touch us whilst the A Cap litigation is ongoing
Personally think the A-Cap thing is being blown out of proportion. Surely any prospective owner can give undertakings to pay the monies owed to whom ever the courts deem is owed it. It definitely isn’t an appealing prospect but it’s resolvable and the repurational damage rests with 777 for being crooks and Moshiri for getting into bed with them.

Most likely the club is too expensive and the upside not enough for investors who are looking for profits. There aren’t many philanthropic owners about willing to make a huge loss to turn the place around. Also it may be a consequence of the current owner being difficult to deal with.

Personally think the A-Cap thing is being blown out of proportion. Surely any prospective owner can give undertakings to pay the monies owed to whom ever the courts deem is owed it. It definitely isn’t an appealing prospect but it’s resolvable and the repurational damage rests with 777 for being crooks and Moshiri for getting into bed with them.

Most likely the club is too expensive and the upside not enough for investors who are looking for profits. There aren’t many philanthropic owners about willing to make a huge loss to turn the place around. Also it may be a consequence of the current owner being difficult to deal with.
Yep seems a logical thing to do yet it was widely reported that TFG wanted no part of it, so would suggest the situation is a little more complex and nuanced then we possibly understand it to be as no one else has showed their hand. Other than Textor who just feels like another version of 777 in terms of capitalisation.

Greg O'Keefe is a turd of an individual. I was calling him out over the client journalism for the likes of Denise Barrett-Baxendale well before "headlock gate". Well documented

Greg O'Keefe was passing information to the club trying to spoil the AllTogetherNow protest activities. Why EFC press releases and "Moshiri statements" and letters (written by the club) appeared just before protests etc. When AllTogetherNow stopped giving Greg O'Keefe information... who informed, Kenwright and Co. it stopped the preemptive press releases

Wouldn't ever give Greg O'Keefe the time of day myself.

@BlueToff

Yep seems a logical thing to do yet it was widely reported that TFG wanted no part of it, so would suggest the situation is a little more complex and nuanced then we possibly understand it to be as no one else has showed their hand. Other than Textor who just feels like another version of 777 in terms of capitalisation.
I definitely think there’s something more complex at the root of it. May be related to that or maybe there are other issues re finances that are also putting buyers off. I’m sure we don’t know the full picture whatever it is.

All we can do is sit and wait for events to unfold I guess.

so this could take months?

it’s really depressing this

if dyche doesn’t sort it out

this feller isn’t here to sort it?
Well you've heard of kicking the can down the road, but the modern way of looking at things is the buzz line :

" It won't be anytime soon "

If you hear this, it more than likely means never.

Dyche is Dyche and is good for mid table or better with this squad, hopefully being a bit more pleasing on the eye to watch with a bit more skill on offer.

The Premier League is still the same corrupt extortionate mess that businessmen want a slice of.

Not sure - but isn't it due the fact it may not need to be paid off whilst it's under investigation? So better waiting until it's sorted?

Perhaps, just perhaps when these legit businessmen show up to start Due Dilligence, the Mosh says "oh you'll have to talk to Uncle Uzzy. He can meet you on his yacht but it has to be in International waters - you can helicopter in.... Mr Bond....."That would likely be sufficient to scare anyone off.

Perhaps, just perhaps when these legit businessmen show up to start Due Dilligence, the Mosh says "oh you'll have to talk to Uncle Uzzy. He can meet you on his yacht but it has to be in International waters - you can helicopter in.... Mr Bond....."That would likely be sufficient to scare anyone off.
Would that make Moshiri Odd-Job 😆

Can't recall from where but I did read something about TFG being exasperated with Moshiri in the later stages before they withdrew. Who knows for sure but it seems credible enough.

It's bad for us if true. Like you allude, I think the 777 issue can be resolved eventually but deals are based foremost on trust. If that has gone, TFG won't be coming back to the table unless Moshiri offers a significant concession. Maybe even then they wouldn't although the fact they are creditors to the tune of £200m means they are involved regardless. Thats a lot of cash to throw in and whatever else, they didn't do that lightly.

It could happen, but it's not a simple situation and Moshiri doesn't need to act until the TFG loan comes due.

I don't think anything happens tbh. There is just no value in buying Everton FC. Even with BMD the amount of money someone needs to fork out just to come in and get things straight with all the debts, working capital into the club. We haven't even started on strengthening the squad yet, that's pie in the sky stuff. Moshiri needs to be much more flexible with his asking price or he sorts out the 777 debt imo. The other option is we cling on to some faint hope that Friedkins change their mind and come back in (not convinced myself)

well we really are screwed and i’m presuming if we go down it’s over

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back