John Textor

John Textor is considering giving Everton fans the chance to buy shares in the club if he succeeds in his £600m bid to take control from Farhad Moshiri.
The American businessman is preparing to float on the New York Stock Exchange his holding company Eagle Football Group, which owns Lyon, Botafogo in Brazil and the Belgian club RWD Molenbeek and has a 45% stake in Crystal Palace, and sources close to Textor have told the Guardian that Everton could be taken public at a later date.

@Damo_1878 now is your chance to seize control and right the sinking ship.

Are exit fees normal in takeovers? I thought you just buy the sellers's shares and that's it

They can be, it's called an earn out. Essentially the club isn't worth what Moshiri wants at this very moment, though there is potential. He gets to share in that potential with the earn out at a later date(s). No different than the concept of add ons to a player's transfer fee.

They can be, it's called an earn out. Essentially the club isn't worth what Moshiri wants at this very moment, though there is potential. He gets to share in that potential with the earn out at a later date(s). No different than the concept of add ons to a player's transfer fee.
I always thought this a bit odd. We're not worth what Moshiri wants because he's made and absolute mess of running us. Not sure why he should get to share in someone else's success if, further down the line, we are (hopefully) ran better and the club is worth more as a result.

I always thought this a bit odd. We're not worth what Moshiri wants because he's made and absolute mess of running us. Not sure why he should get to share in someone else's success if, further down the line, we are (hopefully) ran better and the club is worth more as a result.

It will help facilitate the deal, in theory he's taking less now for future potential.

I have no sympathy for Moshiri, but if you look at it objectively, he did get the stadium built and "should" participate it its success.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back