John Textor

He’s either extremely stupid running his mouth or extremely confident of getting the deal done. Billionaires don’t normally like to be made a fool of in business deals so from the outside you’d anticipate he must be close on this one if he’s sitting down for exclusives with Sky.
I think the same. He must surely be a strong favourite to complete now. He is one hell of a bluffer if that turns out not to be the case.

Oh sure as hell this interview is one to get the fans behind him, only purpose is if you know you're gonna need them as owner.

Good interview, cones across a bit bonkers but in a good way.

I’m a firm believer that you have to have some sociopathic traits to be a billionaire because they take risks and maintain a lifestyle that any ‘normal’ person would never contemplate.

There’s not a lot of normal billionaires, we shouldn’t expect one. If being slightly over exuberant is his eccentricity then it’s one I could accept.

Do you think seriously that he has to show them a bank account with 600m plus in liquid assets mate?

He'll be able to show sources of funding for a three year timespan of that I have zero doubt, because like him or not he's actually a successful businessman whose repeatedly obtained finding for all of his projects prior.

Again you are comparing him with 777 when there is absolutely no similarity
There is stark similarities, both groups need the stadium to leverage more debt to prop up their groups....

Its frighteningly the same...

His mention of Everton Football Group is interesting. I would imagine that the legal separation will be so the two groups can help each other with FFP in a way that, say, City Football Group cannot.

It will also be a conundrum if we and Lyon both qualify for the same European competition.
Plenty of clubs now compete in Europe despite ownership stuff.

I like him.
He speaks like a supporter would want him to. I'm not sure that's a good thing.
I agree with both of those statements.

At least he is passionate and I like the cut of his jib but equally passion and emotion can get in the way of good decision making.

He certainly would be a very interesting owner and I have to be honest and say I pretty much like everything that he's said about us and the acquistion so far. I was concerned that the buyout would be as leveraged as the new rules allow but his statement about 100% equity buyout seems to rule that out.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back