John Textor

I think Textor was just responding to a question mate.

For two minutes? He's not answering for the sake of answering the question. There's purpose and meaning behind responding, even if you don't take what he says at face value.

I know I'm swimming against the current here. As much as I love details of transactions like this, I don't think a public forum is the place to exchange that information. I'd actually prefer to not hear from the chairman, actual or prospective, at all.

I think when someone in that position speaks a lot publicly, he'll eventually paint himself into a corner he can't get out of, and it will end poorly.

For two minutes? He's not answering for the sake of answering the question. There's purpose and meaning behind responding, even if you don't take what he says at face value.

I know I'm swimming against the current here. As much as I love details of transactions like this, I don't think a public forum is the place to exchange that information. I'd actually prefer to not hear from the chairman, actual or prospective, at all.

I think when someone in that position speaks a lot publicly, he'll eventually paint himself into a corner he can't get out of, and it will end poorly.
That's fair enough mate,I see your point.

I don't want to hear from him via Alan Myers PR pieces

That people like yourself, just lap up. The hyperbole and soundbites

I'm off to make a sandwich. You guys enjoy yourselves.

At least I learn from history. You just repeat it.
A strange , slightly petulant post this .
He was speaking directly to camera on a major news outlet .
It wasn’t a press release from Myers.
It was literally straight from the horses mouth, as it were .
He explained in detail his plans for the purchase and gave an honest assessment of his chances of success.
As I said earlier I very much doubt he gives such a detailed interview to camera if he wasn’t reasonably confident of closing the deal.
The one caveat I have is ….its Moshiri innit ?
Either way I like him personally and hope he succeeds.
(Despite being another multi club model, but it seems we can’t escape them )

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back