John Textor

Yes provided we aren't in the same situation where Moshiri picks some signings after chatting with his mate Kia.

The hope would be, with a multi club model is that the scouting networks if all clubs are semi integrated and share info.

If Thelwell stayed it's about Textor plugging him into this, and if he throws names out to him then let the DoF decide.

I don't mind an owner making a suggestion as long as it's just that and the guy in the job makes the calls without pressure.

Say for example Textor this summer said, there's a cm at Lyon, if you want him I can get him on a free loan, do you want him? Then let Thelwell decide

The hope would be, with a multi club model is that the scouting networks if all clubs are semi integrated and share info.

If Thelwell stayed it's about Textor plugging him into this, and if he throws names out to him then let the DoF decide.

I don't mind an owner making a suggestion as long as it's just that and the guy in the job makes the calls without pressure.

Say for example Textor this summer said, there's a cm at Lyon, if you want him I can get him on a free loan, do you want him? Then let Thelwell decide

This is sometimes lost a little when people discuss multi club models. They become a bit obsessed with who the main club is etc, rather than seeing it's a collection of organizations who can either formally or informally work in a mutually beneficial way.

It may even be Lyon have a young player who they'd like to loan to us for a season etc.

I thought that generally he came across well although I'd rather he had not been so open on some issues.

Mrs J who knows diddly about football and , despite her dad being on Everton's books as a player, has no particular interest in the club watched the interview and thought he was shady and insincere.

However at one point she also thought Shipman had a kindly face!

I suppose this is a roundabout way of saying that really none of us have any real idea what Textor would do at Everton and whether he would make a good owner.

As you concluded, sometimes you have to take a leap of faith.

Genuinely made me laugh out loud mate 😂

As you say, he is making all the right noises. Was interesting that he mentioned getting this done before January transfer window. Seems he has a plan already to get players in, and my opinion is Dyche is probably out the door from what textor said about speaking to him about the players he wants to bring in. I may be reading too much into that, but it’s a weird thing to say, also means Kevin’s job may also be up.
I don’t know if this happen it will be good for us or bad us, all I know is right now it’s stale and rotten, and we need change and clear out.

Think a lot will depend on just what names Thelwells cane up with that Dyche knocked back regarding if Thelwell will stay after a takeover.

My guess is he will remain.

Agree with pretty much everything he said (assuming he is sincere) except from openly telling our current manager that as soon as the takeover happens he will be challenged to change. Yes, that’s a given, and is what we want. But shouldn’t be said so specifically when he currently has zero involvement in the club. Dyche needs to focus on the now, and the squad he has now.

Get on with it Palace people. I like his tone.

This is sometimes lost a little when people discuss multi club models. They become a bit obsessed with who the main club is etc, rather than seeing it's a collection of organizations who can either formally or informally work in a mutually beneficial way.

It may even be Lyon have a young player who they'd like to loan to us for a season etc.

It can also be that Botofago have a player they want who is simply not affordable etc.

There's also an absolutely huge advantage in terms of work permits - can bring a young Brazilian lad in via Belgium, let him play a few seasons then move him across when he meets the criteria

Agree with pretty much everything he said (assuming he is sincere) except from openly telling our current manager that as soon as the takeover happens he will be challenged to change. Yes, that’s a given, and is what we want. But shouldn’t be said so specifically when he currently has zero involvement in the club. Dyche needs to focus on the now, and the squad he has now.

Get on with it Palace people. I like his tone.

Funny thing about the Dyche comment

He's actually given Dyche a few months to show he can alter by saying that.

Not sure if that was his intention or not, clever if it was though.

Anyone assuming control of a poorly performing business will review the performance of senior managers.
I should imagine that Thelwell will also be assessed.
Dyche will be given a chance to show he can evolve and match the ambitions of the the new owners.
Then he will be replaced.
Assuming ,of course, that he can actually get us some points in the immediate future , or he could be gone long before the takeover is completed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back