John Textor

Looks like Textor is supremely confident.
I agree Zat.

He is ( mostly ) saying all the right things - perhaps a bit too much mind - but as one poster said ( sorry can't remember their name ) it comes across as a bit Pereira.

On the one hand it is refreshing to have someone speak so openly and passionately about their ambitions for Everton but on the other he displays significant nativity, perhaps bordering on a lack of judgement.

Perhaps I am so used to the chaos under Moshiri that I look forward to any alternative, I don't know.

It would definitely be interesting if he took over but I think , deep down , that we probably need a more considered , strategic approach than he is currently displaying.

What are your thoughts?

Just seeing people lapping things up on here and on twitter. They never learn

Screenshot_20240912_061916_Chrome.webp
Screenshot_20240912_061935_Chrome.webp
Screenshot_20240912_061955_Chrome.webp
Screenshot_20240911_195318_X.webp
Screenshot_20240912_062135_Chrome.webp

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240912_062219_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20240912_062219_Chrome.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 1

Did you like what you saw EG ?

I wasn't overly enamoured with his photo
He could definitely do with a little bit of Botox under the eyes...other than that,yeah I was happy.

Ha no in all seriousness I had a look at the Eagle group a week or so ago when when someone linked it and he stood out.

I don't know I could be miles away but when he was talking about "Everton Group" and financing for the bid it felt like maybe these 2 investors currently have nothing to do with the Eagle group.

You'd imagine Lyon and Botafogo fans wouldn't be to impressed if Dinan rocked up with another member of Eagle group and started throwing all sorts of money at us...who knows, hopefully all this is just the end game now.

It definitely sounds like he's got wealthy people that we currently have no idea about involved in this project. People that aren't involved with Crystal Palace and will bring significant funds to the table. A takeover with no debt and an owner talking about bring a much better calibre of player to the club - he's making all the right noises. This must be way further down the line than we anticipated. Let's hope it goes through before January so that he can make the corrections that will probably be needed to the squad.

Ive had way too many months of "we are going into administration", "we are about to go bust", "there wont be an everton football club" and "the stadium will be sold to someone else, where we wont even own it" etc.
Im fine with someone who seems genuinely delighted to drag this club up from the abyss
I fall so easily for the kind of lines textor is spinning I’m just relieved my email is blocking messages from Nigerian princes or I’d be skint .

The Bloke is at least , so far , saying the right things so let’s hope he drags us from what’s felt like the bottomless abyss of the last few years .

It definitely sounds like he's got wealthy people that we currently have no idea about involved in this project. People that aren't involved with Crystal Palace and will bring significant funds to the table. A takeover with no debt and an owner talking about bring a much better calibre of player to the club - he's making all the right noises. This must be way further down the line than we anticipated. Let's hope it goes through before January so that he can make the corrections that will probably be needed to the squad.
I think the club on the whole needs the takeover ASAP.

Once we get rid of the big question mark over the ownership everyone can focus their energies on improving us on the pitch.

We need to exercise the demons of the past 20 odds years.

I fall so easily for the kind of lines textor is spinning I’m just relieved my email is blocking messages from Nigerian princes or I’d be skint .

The Bloke is at least , so far , saying the right things so let’s hope he drags us from what’s felt like the bottomless abyss of the last few years .
He does sound very positive they way he talks about the club, which youd expect from someone about to spend north of £650M on the club.

It a worries me the way he talks of building a team though. It gives me a touch of the Moshiri's! His mates could have all the money in the world, but if they arnt allowed to spend it, we wont be building the team he's talking about.

He does sound very positive they way he talks about the club, which youd expect from someone about to spend north of £650M on the club.

It a worries me the way he talks of building a team though. It gives me a touch of the Moshiri's! His mates could have all the money in the world, but if they arnt allowed to spend it, we wont be building the team he's talking about.
Yeah we will just fall in line with the newcastles and villa's out there who also have money but have to tow the line over PSR.
Does sound to me that he will spend whatever we can in team improvement where possible.
The only thing im not impressed about is quoting how much money he will sell a star player for. 50 million for branthwaite is a shock and not good business sense.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back