John Textor

That's not quite true. If he owns more than 30% in one club he is prohibited from owning more than 10% in any other club. So if he sells down to 10% he can buy Everton.

Again. They are rules that need to be complied with at the point of sale, not before. Your opinion on this is irrelevant because there is nothing in the rules stopping it. It's basically up to Moshiri. And whether or not it's a good idea from his perspective depends on information that neither you nor I are aware of so there's no point speculating.

He owns 45% of Crystal Palace so Rule D.2.2 applies

My opinion isn't irrelevant. He is getting access to confidential proprietary information on Everton's financial status. So if Everton and Crystal Palace are going for a player they can use that information without disclosing anything to beat Everton to that player. Or if he fails to buy Everton and buys someone else. Same situation

There are numerous conflicts of interest and as I said he should not be even considered until after he sells his 45% stake and has no financial interests in Everton Football Club's competitors

I am not sure what you are talking about , I am talking about is that nobody can own or part own two premiership clubs.
If that statement is incorrect maybe you could point me to an example of somebody who does hold shares in more than one club.

Regarding the points deduction, posters were making guesses based on the information that was available which was far from complete.

The ownership model is a completely different issue and again we are working on snippets of information regarding John Textor and his bid to buy Everton.

I have no idea where that deal is at , who will be involved with him if any or how the deal will be financed if agreement is reached.

You said "football is different" and we're claiming this preposterous "exclusivity agreement" was "normal"

It isn't normal

Only Everton and that idiot Moshiri could be trying to sell the club to someone who owns 45% of another club and with no sign of any imminent sale

It isn't normal

We simply don’t know if he’s close to selling his shares.

Fair play to be concerned about another owner seeing EFC’s non-public financial info, but any exclusivity agreement anticipating due diligence will have confidentiality and non-disclosure provisions.

Pretty standard for any merger/acquisition.
Damo knows this

He’s a big thing in European business

My opinion isn't irrelevant. He is getting access to confidential proprietary information on Everton's financial status. So if Everton and Crystal Palace are going for a player they can use that information without disclosing anything to beat Everton to that player. Or if he fails to buy Everton and buys someone else. Same situation

There are numerous conflicts of interest and as I said he should not be even considered until after he sells his 45% stake and has no financial interests in Everton Football Club's competitors
😂Jesus wept, it’s not as if we have the recipe to coke or Dyche’s training methods and tactics are going to be disclosed. What information is he going to get that can be used against us?😂

Olympique Everton ffs

Where's our sense of identity going??

Pies replaced by baguettes before the year is out.
We are worried about the exact same thing: what would mean a midtable club of the French league when compared to an historic Premier League club? Nothing much...

Why would it matter if he's looking through our books? He's only gona scare himself.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back