John Textor

O believe hes already turned down bids for his palace shares so must be confident someone is going to stump up the cash soon.
My concern, is that if he also drops out, after stydying the books, (a man who declared how amazing an opportunity is to own everton fc), then nobody, absolutely nobody, will touch us with a barge pole.

The exclusivity period should be 8-12 weeks normally, on the basis a deal has been agreed in principle.

Here, it seems it would last as long as Textor needs to sell his Palace shares.

Surely he anticipates selling them within the same period as it would take to conduct due diligence.

If he has gone into an exclusivity process with Moshiri without being fairly sure of the timescale of the disposal of his Palace holding, then he isn't serious about buying Everton and is treating the club with a certain disdain.

I do not see why he could not have waited until his Palace stake was sold. In the aftermath of TFG, there is not a queue of buyers so what difference would a few weeks have made?

You and others have gone from saying its "normal" to saying "just because something is unprecedented doesn't mean it can't happen"

You sound ridiculous and desperate for this to go through

Rather than standing back and thinking is this the right thing for Everton?

Or whether this blocks better candidates with more liquidity and are unimpeded by owning 45% of Crystal Palace they have to sell first
Did I ever say it was "normal"? Not sure I did so please retract that. I said it was comparable to other situations when a sale is agreed subject to certain conditions being satisfied. This would obviously be an unusual condition but it is necessary given the premier league rules. There's no way he is going to sell his shares in Palace without seeing what he is buying or knowing if he wants to buy it etc. That's living in cloud cuckoo land. To use your own language, it wouldn't be normal either for a seller to insist that a potential buyer sells one of it's assets before being allowed to participate in a DD process or gain exclusivity. When has that ever happened? I don't know anything about his bid. As someone who works in acquisition finance I'm just here to correct your misunderstanding of how the process works. If there was an equally viable bidder that didn't own shares in a rival club I'm sure they would be Mosh's preference but we are were we are.

O believe hes already turned down bids for his palace shares so must be confident someone is going to stump up the cash soon.
My concern, is that if he also drops out, after stydying the books, (a man who declared how amazing an opportunity is to own everton fc), then nobody, absolutely nobody, will touch us with a barge pole.
Agreed mate....if he walks away after being our biggest cheerleader, I'll be concerned.

You and others have gone from saying its "normal" to saying "just because something is unprecedented doesn't mean it can't happen"

You sound ridiculous and desperate for this to go through

Rather than standing back and thinking is this the right thing for Everton?

Or whether this blocks better candidates with more liquidity and are unimpeded by owning 45% of Crystal Palace they have to sell first
We’re just fans lad we haven’t got a clue whether it’s the best thing for Everton we just want an end to the current mess and we’ll cross our fingers that it gets better because that’s all we can do it’ll either happen or it won’t and us agreeing on whether it’s normal or not on a forum won’t make a blind bit of difference.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back