John Textor

Textor does not move in the circles of 777 - shady deals - hence they are bust & have a court case coming ....Textor has signed a deal & have all the investment needed by the end of January with backers - He is buying our club -, end of ...
Is this an actual fact? Have I missed something?

Textor understood to be confident that arranging a financing deal for Everton’s new stadium

This doesn't make sense.

To me it sounds like someone (Ed Aarons the person writing it) doesn't know Everton, and are filling in the blanks themselves.

I mean, a financing deal for Everton's new stadium, erm, isn't it paid for now? All boxed off? So I don't get it.

Textor understood to be confident that arranging a financing deal for Everton’s new stadium

This doesn't make sense.

To me it sounds like someone (Ed Aarons the person writing it) doesn't know Everton, and are filling in the blanks themselves.

I mean, a financing deal for Everton's new stadium, erm, isn't it paid for now? All boxed off? So I don't get it.
Agreed. I was hoping it was a misunderstanding and it really means that we (under Textor) will find ways of paying down/restructuring the clubs debts to make it much more favourable. The debts are pretty much what has been used to build the stadium after all

I would be pretty bummed if we went from the Friedkin group to this guy. Both have their flaws, but this guy comes across much less competent and doesn’t have the financial assets that TFG had. Hopefully this entices the big fish to come out and Textor folds. This guy would be mad enough to take the chance with 777 methinks

It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that Textor and “a financing deal for the stadium” would mean a sale and leaseback of the completed stadium. He sells the freehold for £xm which he uses to complete the purchase of the club, its assets and liabilities and Everton are granted a long lease at an annual rent.
Short term; new stadium, debts paid down, influx of cash for players. Ok.
Medium to long term; No significant assets. Very bad.
Not saying anything like this is in the pipeline but it remains an option as he hasn’t got the dough and he wouldn’t be the first owner to buy a leading club with other people’s money and load it with liabilities (albeit different liabilities to the ones that currently exist).

He has enthusiasm for Everton that will do me ....
Yes! I feel the same. Perhaps he was playing it up fans but I think he genuinely means it as he describes the older clubs with lots of history. Good enough for me. Everton would be top of his multi club model too.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back