John Textor

Agree is why i am more interested see who he brings in with him, id atill prefer friedkin but if it is textor would hope he has a good team with him
Why Friedkin though? when you actually look they have done very little with Roma tbh. Textor might be a bit "Interesting" but he has access to two of the biggest talent factories in football which could help us loads.

He's not a billionaire
Screenshot_20240922-230910.webp

Arguing over net wealth is missing the point. The important thing is access to capital. Moshiri looks to have more personal net wealth than Textor but has no access to meaningful additional capital now that his supply line has been cut off. Textor may have less personal net wealth than Moshiri but appears to have access to additional capital, either through his associates or via IPO. Likewise Textor may have less net wealth than Friedkin but may or may not have access to more capital, we don’t know at this stage. The club needs both capital and leadership, not necessarily the individual with the highest net wealth.

Arguing over net wealth is missing the point. The important thing is access to capital. Moshiri looks to have more personal net wealth than Textor but has no access to meaningful additional capital now that his supply line has been cut off. Textor may have less personal net wealth than Moshiri but appears to have access to additional capital, either through his associates or via IPO. Likewise Textor may have less net wealth than Friedkin but may or may not have access to more capital, we don’t know at this stage. The club needs both capital and leadership, not necessarily the individual with the highest net wealth.

That may be true but Friedkin had £200 million available immediately

Textor has to sell Crystal Palace shares to raise capital. As he's not a billionaire

Why Friedkin though? when you actually look they have done very little with Roma tbh. Textor might be a bit "Interesting" but he has access to two of the biggest talent factories in football which could help us loads.
Just my choice tbh is good and negative sodes to both, will agree textor has talked a good plan. Prefer both these two than 777 and msp and bell/downing. Will agree with you could help us in both markets in france and esp brazil to bring talent over to us. I am open to whovere comes in now and happy just get it over the line and is good both have experience

That may be true but Friedkin had £200 million available immediately

Textor has to sell Crystal Palace shares to raise capital. As he's not a billionaire
Textor has to sell his Palace shares to buy Everton. It was reported that Raine were appointed to do this. The sale will generate capital. The IPO of Eagle will also generate capital which may also be used for Everton. My point is that it doesn’t really matter if he is a billionaire today or not - although he probably will be if one or both of these transactions happen, if we assume the $800m happens to be the correct number for his personal wealth.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back