Join me in the spirit realm.

Is that Blackwell as in Chris Blackwell?
It is indeed, formerly of the Goldeneye estate and founder of Island Records. Although I believe it’s produced and bottled by Wray & Nephew.

Who would ever think that this would be a good idea ? It'll be gin infused chips next.

FBrB6taX0AI6uct

Spent a few weeks of my youth in Peru in a city called Arequipa. Many bars there serve hot gin on their menus. No marmelade though and I think it wasn't mixed with water - just hot gin.

You could also get "Gin con Gin", which seemed to be just an extra big portion of gin.
Musing on what spirits you can drink warm : the ubiquitous hot toddy of course, I've had sloe gin warm which was nice, sake, which apparently shouldn't be drunk warm, but I've had it and it wasn't disagreeable in the slightest. If you include wine there's mulled wine.

Other recommendations welcome.

Musing on what spirits you can drink warm : the ubiquitous hot toddy of course, I've had sloe gin warm which was nice, sake, which apparently shouldn't be drunk warm, but I've had it and it wasn't disagreeable in the slightest. If you include wine there's mulled wine.

You're not supposed to drink Sake warm?

I got bought a bottle of Firebird cinnamon whisky, very sweet and a bit sickly but sling it hot cloudy apple juice, ooh baby.... apple pie drink that gets you trolleyed.

Anybody ever tried any of these, and are their claims just spiel ?

Anybody ever tried any of these, and are their claims just spiel ?

Hellish expensive these alcohol free drinks. Brilliant idea, especially for people like me who get hangovers that last a week, but the price is hardly encouraging.

This might be of interest to some, although I'm not myself a rum drinker. I've a couple of things from them and the service is excellent.

This might be of interest to some, although I'm not myself a rum drinker. I've a couple of things from them and the service is excellent.

We've had their gin and it was very tidy, been toying with buying their single malt but English whiskey just seems a bit weird.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back