Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The S** has like a 2.5% success rate with regard to getting storys correct, so theres feck all in this story. All the other papers have just followed what they have printed.

Nothing to see here, move on, Lescott is staying.

Not at all surprised at him going. The thing that gets me is that we don't have to sell him, he's under contract. Do what Villa did with Barry.

I'm beginning to think that this club really does class mediocrity as an achievement.
Sell our best players to our nearest rivals, yeah, good idea that. What will we see of that ££ cash ? Players like Senderos? Thanks but no thanks.

I asked for a refund on my season ticket yesterday as the club have failed to impress me over allowing me easier access into the ground, this news, if true, which i'm sure it is, just confirms that I'm doing the right thing.

I love Everton with all my heart but I won't put another penny into the club.

Bah, papers have stated since the summer started that Lescott would sign for ManC "any day now" or something similar. Don't believe this for one minute until it's on the OS.

I really hope we will keep him, it would really show other teams that even though we don't the financial muscle they can't just come here with their money and expect us to be grateful for the income and sell them our best players.

If this deal goes through though.. it just shows how awful our current board is at raising funds for Moyes. If he had enough cash to go for the targets he wants and get them we wouldn't need to sell.

If this deal goes through though.. it just shows how awful our current board is at raising funds for Moyes. If he had enough cash to go for the targets he wants and get them we wouldn't need to sell.

Agreed up to a point. In saying that, I admire the club's policy on not paying absurd amounts for players' salaries. I'm sure Joleon would stay if Bill offered to match the City wage, which has been reported at anything between £80k and £100k a week.

But it's sad that we have to sell to buy. If he does go, I think Moyes should lick his wounds and then look at this as a great opportunity to improve the squad.

Not at all surprised at him going. The thing that gets me is that we don't have to sell him, he's under contract. Do what Villa did with Barry.

I'm beginning to think that this club really does class mediocrity as an achievement.
Sell our best players to our nearest rivals, yeah, good idea that. What will we see of that ££ cash ? Players like Senderos? Thanks but no thanks.

I asked for a refund on my season ticket yesterday as the club have failed to impress me over allowing me easier access into the ground, this news, if true, which i'm sure it is, just confirms that I'm doing the right thing.

I love Everton with all my heart but I won't put another penny into the club.

A number of things have to happen in order for this board to realise that they are useless.

1. The team needs to fail on the pitch
2. Moyes walks
3. The fans stop blindly plowing money into the club in the wild hope that things will improve.

1 and 2 are unthinkable, but 3 really needs to happen. I will not re-new my ST next year if the current board are still in charge. Its time for them to move from their comfort zone.

I doubt they are brave enough to sell Lescott before tomorrows game. This whole thing has been a farce.

The trouble is that they have us all by the short and curlies. They know the passion that we feel for the team and as a result, can ride roughshod all over us. They know we'll always be there like faithful little puppies so can afford to give us a good slap now and again.
I had a good long think about what's been happening at the club and I just felt that it was time I voted with my feet - well one of them anyway!

A number of things have to happen in order for this board to realise that they are useless.

1. The team needs to fail on the pitch
2. Moyes walks
3. The fans stop blindly plowing money into the club in the wild hope that things will improve.

1 and 2 are unthinkable, but 3 really needs to happen. I will not re-new my ST next year if the current board are still in charge. Its time for them to move from their comfort zone.

I doubt they are brave enough to sell Lescott before tomorrows game. This whole thing has been a farce.

Don't let the bastards grind you down, mate. The only person who'll suffer is you, the club won't be arsed.

I seen Lescott this morning outside Finch farm (was walking dogs).

Also seen Vaughan, Fellaini and Cahill (who was nearly an hour ahead of everyone else!)

Fellaini was texting doing 2mph around a roundabout. Whopper.

Don't let the bastards grind you down, mate. The only person who'll suffer is you, the club won't be arsed.

I know mate, I will re-new, like the utter lapdog I am. As Bluelass says, they have got us by the balls, they know our love will override everything. I love going the game, Z Cars, Goodison, the players, Moyes, everything about it is special. But I feel like im getting crapped on from a great height.

Ive spent a lot of money I dont really have on the club so far this season and last, because I love it, its not about the money, I do it so I can see the team, so I can wear my colours with pride, I dont know how long I can do it with the current board.

They are killing me.

Keep the faith, lad. Leave all this Board/Kenwright rubbish alone for a bit and concentrate on the upcoming season and what we do on the pitch. You never know - it could be our best yet under Moyes.

COYB. (y)

Keep the faith, lad. Leave all this Board/Kenwright rubbish alone for a bit and concentrate on the upcoming season and what we do on the pitch. You never know - it could be our best yet under Moyes.

COYB. (y)

I wish I had your optimisim but like MG, I spend money I don't have on ST's, travelling to the games and all the other stuff. Like most people I have to choose where to spend my money and have had to make some serious sacrifices to get to games. Maybe all the talk of players getting £100k a week and so on is making me feel like we're being used!

Sometimes I just want something back, something more than Z cars and goose bumps. Perhaps I just want to believe that the club do want more than to balance the budget sheet.

lescott

I'd have to say if he wants to go let him if money means more to him than being an everton player get rid... 25mil and no less why should they get him cheap.. they've been after him for long enough and I thought teams were not allowed to tout for players while they're still under contract...to some teams the premiership is a player supermarket.
they're agents start rumours and before you no it the players become very unsettled.. Unfortunately no one wants to build a team anymore they want instant success but theres no guarantee they'll get it..
in a couple of interveiws last season the players pledged loyalty to everton then a club with cash puts in a offer and the loyalty goes out the window..
well thats my opinion I think the whole transfer system sucks..

Well if Lescott does stay and doesn't hand in a transfer request, he'll have earned a lot of respect from a lot of people having turned down all that money. But we'll have to wait and see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back