Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
for all we really know lescott could be walking around with his arm around moysie laughing at all the fuss over nothing.....doubt it tho

21.21 Everton have rejected reports suggesting that Joleon Lescott wants to leave Goodison Park, according to Sky Sports News.

Somebody, somewhere is playing games.

It stinks of somebody trying really hard to unsettle him.

My current thoughts on the situation:

• If Lescott wants to go because they're reportedly tripling his wages, I've no problem with that at all.
  • 20M plus Micah Richards will do me just fine.
  • I don't want to lose Lescott (a sentiment shared by all Evertonians) but if we have to lose him, I want us to get paid (a sentiment shared by all Evertonians)
  • I'm very glad to see that many of you have looked at all the rubbish that the papers and websites are reporting and accepting it as such.
  • I haven't resigned myself to the thought that he's going for sure.

The only problem I have with him going to earn tripple the amount is that the papers say that he's going to earn that. According to the rules about trying to sign players from other clubs you're not allowed to talk to the player without his current club's permission. Saying to the papers what he'll earn if he comes to you is breaking those rules in a roundabout way. That I don't like.

I wouldn't be that angry at Hughes if he just kept on giving us offers for Lescott and trying to unsettle him that way, but not by throwing a possible salary into the papers to unsettle him more.

Ronaldo wanted to go to Real Madrid last year and ferguson didn't let him, despite the press thinking it was gonna happen, back then. I reckon we can get one more year out of lescott at least. He's on a contract, he's in a world cup year so he cant really sulk, he needs to play well so game set and checkmate, Moyes can put his foot down.

Joleon Lescott set to sign for Man City | The Sun |Sport|Football

MANCHESTER CITY expect to finally land Everton centre-back Joleon Lescott today.
The England defender could even be unveiled to fans at City's Eastlands open day this afternoon.

Mark Hughes has trailed Lescott, 26, since January with Goodison chief David Moyes insisting the player was not for sale.

But Everton have reluctantly accepted City's bid of around £22million with add-ons taking the final fee even higher.

Lescott, who cost £5m from Wolves in 2006, will double his wages to £90,000 a week when he signs a five-year deal.

He refused to put in a transfer request - fearing a fans' backlash if the move fell through - despite telling pals he was desperate to join Hughes' revolution.

But Evertonians were resigned to losing Lescott and believed the club should cash in.

Now the Merseysiders have finally agreed, and are close to clinching a deal to bring in Arsenal's Philippe Senderos as a replacement.

Cant we sue them or something? The S** I mean.

"Today", isn't it the day nearly over there? Or do they mean "today" as is in "tomorrow".

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back