Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its obvious he will want to go - who wouldn't, he would double/triple his wages.

Its up to Everton to have a firm stance, a Villa/Barry stance of "He isn't going unless you pay x amount"

Would also be wise to claim interest from other clubs. Whats that you say? Manchester United and *insert random club here* have declared an interest?

If we can get Senderos, Elm and another very good midfielder with the Lescott money, then i'd be reasonably happy with that.

I don't think Senderos is the replacement. Unless we get a better CD than him in, Lescott will stay even if he says he wants to leave. He knows he has to play his best to stay in the team, and perhaps more importantly to him, stay in the national squad. If he's here when the transferwindow closes he will do his best, if he's not.. then I hope Moyes have taken a very large piece of ManC's funds. But if Senderos prove himself good enough and we get another CD in, I can see Lescott move on in January when we get Jags back. And at that point I don't think Moyes would be as reluctant to sell him if the right offer came along.

Lescott openly admitted he didn't like playing left back, he certainly didn't refuse to play there though. He's played there every time Moyes has asked him too.

I can't really blame him to be honest, City could double his salary and despite what people say they do have alot of potential, they can buy the top players and have a real go at breaking into the top four.

Everton, sadly, can't do that at the moment. I'm not saying it's impossible or we are on our way down but it's a lot harder for us, we are doing it the hard way.

And the lad isn't an Evertonian like us, he's a footballer. Footballers' have fairly short careers and are always looking at the best option available to them long term - in terms of money and potential of the team they play for.

If he stays and gives his all I certainly won’t boo him - if he leaves then good luck to him. We’ll certainly get a lot of money to invest in the squad.

I am told to cool it, what cool it???????? If Lescott goes, we have little time to get a replacement and the names bandying about are not as good as Lescott. We still have a right wing to sort out as well. Need a midfielder to add to that.

Hughes and City have upset our team and the recovery that Moyes was building which has now been set back. Everton should lodge a complaint to the Fa over Hughes and City's behaviour. So that ask me to cool it when our progress is getting buggared.

To be honest if he wants to leave he should go now asap. If we hold onto him, i know what will happen- they will come back in for him in January and we will sell then and not get adequate replacements.

If he truly wants to leave- let him hand in a transfer request so he loses all his bonuses etc.

Get Defour in!

if city dont pay 30 million then they are not getting him.

if lescott demands a move , a moyes dont wont to sell him , then he isnt going.

whats lescott going to do ? demand a move or threaten not to play ?
if he does that , its possible moyes will let him rot till next summer on the bench, thus lescott will not be picked for england and the world cup.

any player who moves from a high placed team to lower placed man city is nothing more than a greedy low life imo.(if i was a man city fan i would certainly question there loyalty and character)

i will say this about city , they are gonna change managers as much as they change there pants. no manager in the world will be able to keep that squad happy and motivated over a sustained period.

you mark my words , they will win a fair share of big matches but will lose to the poorer teams through lack of respect and motivation.
team gelling and bonding is gonna be all over the place and players will constantly go on a strop.THEY WILL NOT BREAK THE TOP 6 !

everton on the other hand clearly have motivation to fight for every game and unlike the manchester branch of al-queda , we are in europe.

its a shame becouse i liked man city , i think they had a good grounded base to there squad and work ethic ...... hart , ireland , onohua , richards ,swp , dunne etc - all good honest players imo.
it could be said they had a very similar ethic as everton .
but they have just gone mad with the money and think they can buy success while at the same time they are destroying the foundations all the decent hard work and team building thats gone on in recent years has acheived.

ps , if he goes , i bet jagielka goes to the world cup and lescott dont.(y)

But just by reading various Man City forums they truly believe they are a miles bigger club than us.

If they want to pay £20 million for him let him go. He's a fine player but he's not a £20 million player, and with Toure and Richards already there it's not even certain he'll get a starting slot. Lescott swapping for Senderos + £14 million would be good business for me.

Well.... in a way they are right. In a simply Pompous way they are much, much bigger. :D

Bigger = £.

Bigger = Players on £100k a week.

Bigger = Spending £20million on Lescott.

The fact they've won less trophies that Wolves have doesnt really come into a question in regards to £ig Clu£s does it.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | E | Everton | Lescott wants exit from Everton

Everton defender Joleon Lescott has told the club he wants to leave but is yet to hand in an official transfer request, BBC Radio 5 live understands. Lescott is wanted by big-spending Manchester City, who have twice failed in their bid to sign the 26-year-old.
City have offered £15m and £18m for the England player but Everton are desperate to keep him.
Everton's stance may be weakening after it was revealed they are in talks with Arsenal centre-back Philippe Senderos.
A fee of about £6m is thought to have been discussed for the Switzerland international but an Everton club source has claimed the centre-back is not being signed as a direct replacement for Lescott.
o.gif
606: DEBATE
Have your say on the Lescott situation

Everton manager David Moyes has always said that no player would leave the club without his approval.
City have already signed Gareth Barry, Roque Santa Cruz, Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor and Kolo Toure in a summer spree that has resulted in them spending about £80m.
They also recently failed with a bid to sign Chelsea centre-back John Terry.
Lescott joined Everton for £5m from Wolves in 2006 and has been capped seven times by England

All but gone.

Milk em FFS! And Joleon - F-you too.

But just by reading various Man City forums they truly believe they are a miles bigger club than us.

Now that they've become Middle Eastlands they certainly have more money but a bigger club? You know what happens next dont you? The alarm clock goes off and they all wake up.

To be honest if he wants to leave he should go now asap. If we hold onto him, i know what will happen- they will come back in for him in January and we will sell then and not get adequate replacements.

If he truly wants to leave- let him hand in a transfer request so he loses all his bonuses etc.

Get Defour in!

That.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back