Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that they've become Middle Eastlands they certainly have more money but a bigger club? You know what happens next dont you? The alarm clock goes off and they all wake up.

Mate, have you read the 606 page on the BBC? It really is silly.

To them Lescott's not moving because he's getting £100k a week, he's moving because he's going to a bigger club, offering more, and guaranteed Champions League football...

And they havent even kicked a ball yet. :lol:

To them Lescott's not moving because he's getting £100k a week, he's moving because he's going to a bigger club, offering more, and guaranteed Champions League football...

If they can qualify for the Champions League before the season has even started then they must be a big club!!

Same old laughing stock. In my opinion the top 4 places are spoken for every season. Its up to the rest of us to break into it and over the past few years we've been closest, Lescott knows this as much as all of us. Cant see them playing Champions League football. Its all about money plain and simple. Theyre buying themselves a team of merscenaries. Its ok buying new players all over the park but can they play together as a team? Time will tell but players always need time to settle in plus they wont be able to play them all so then you get unhappy players and unrest in the dressing room with big ego problems. So to everyone at Middle Eastlands your still making us laugh after all these years :lol:

Everton confirm Senderos talks with Arsenal - Transfers - ESPN Soccernet

Everton have rejected two bids, £15m and £18m, for the England defender. Lescott did hold talks with boss David Moyes on Tuesday, but did not put in a formal transfer request.
Lescott has been told by Moyes he will not be sold and City have yet to put in a third bid, which could be as much as £22m. He is ruled out of Tuesday night's friendly at Blackpool with a hip injury, but should be fit to play in Friday's home friendly with Malaga.
Everton's stance has been firm throughout the saga, and if Lescott did submit a formal transfer request there is every chance that the club would turn it down.
Manchester City believe the fee will be closer to £30million, and may well feel that is too much to pay.
Makes me a bit more hopefull. Tbh i wouldnt hate him of he went, we've been banging on the door of the sky 4 for the last 3 years, and the club just havent done what it takes to get us there, and it doesnt look much like that is gonna change. We may call him the Moyesiah but I think to get us much further is a miracle too far under current circumstances.

If thats what we're thinking, then dont you think the players have similar feelings??

Edit: Obv this is mainly conjecture on ESPN's behalf, but at least it's positive conjecture! ;)

He may have been told yesterday not to waste his ink putting in a transfer request.

If all is to be believed he is walking a very fine line with the fans on this one.

I wouldnt want to hand in a transfer request knowing it would be turned down and then have to play at Goodison for the rest of the season.

* Could and proabably is all paper spoofing though.

He may have been told yesterday not to waste his ink putting in a transfer request.

If all is to be believed he is walking a very fine line with the fans on this one.

I wouldnt want to hand in a transfer request knowing it would be turned down and then have to play at Goodison for the rest of the season.
If I were in his shoes and in his situation, I'd probably go out and state that I never had any intention to leave the club and want to stay and help the club reach CL and win some trophies.

If I were in his shoes and in his situation, I'd probably go out and state that I never had any intention to leave the club and want to stay and help the club reach CL and win some trophies.

Defo mate would be the best thing for the manager, player and club going into the season. You would be a bit suspect if it happened two days before the close of the window though!

I hope its us that teach City a lesson about this type of dealing. I think they are in for a hard time as a club next season, i know i want to beat them twice as hard as i did any other season.

I think City are sitting on their latest bid of 18 mill and looking at the upset they have caused and unsettled the player. Hoping now a formal transfer request will be submitted and they may well get Lescott with out increasing their offer.

Really have City said anything after their last offer of 18 mill which was rejected.

I think City are sitting on their latest bid of 18 mill and looking at the upset they have caused and unsettled the player. Hoping now a formal transfer request will be submitted and they may well get Lescott with out increasing their offer.

Really have City said anything after their last offer of 18 mill which was rejected.

You would think a former player would have more respect wouldnt you!

He was brutal for us anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back