2018/19 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Un-kin-real.

Who's making these decisions down there at that club?

Two dropped bollocks in one day.

"I know, let's keep someone who cant stay fit in his mid-30s and get shut of a 22 year old promising player."

Name one good thing Kenny has done Dave

Un-kin-real.

Who's making these decisions down there at that club?

Two dropped bollocks in one day.

"I know, let's keep someone who cant stay fit in his mid-30s and get shut of a 22 year old promising player."

We havent "got shut" of him though. Hes going on loan.

Makes perfect sense to me...

We sign another RB who will immediately/gradually take Colemans position and then for 20/21 season we have a new starter + Kenny to return as backup if he does well.

We sign another RB who will immediately/gradually take Colemans position and then for 20/21 season we have a new starter + Kenny to return as backup if he does well.
Stop being so logical. Like no great player has ever gone out on loan.

He's not.Not at all. He's a solid RB and only 22 with loads of room to develop. He's about the same level as Coleman, but can get better.

No way he is better than Coleman at this time. I just recall the mistakes he made when Coleman was out. Yet, he is young and certainly can improve.

We have slightly loftier ambitions than WBA. I don't doubt he could make a decent defensive full back, but the full back role has moved on from the Hibbert and even Gary Neville style full back and is now primarily an attacking role. You only have to look at the mob across the park, or our own Lucas Digne to see that. It's like trying to compare Lescott and Baines. I'm sure Lescott could do a job at full back in his day, but he wasn't a left back and certainly wasn't in the class of Baines.

I'm sure Holgate could 'do a job', but we've got to aim higher than having backups that could simply do a job towards people who can genuinely come in and offer a similar performance to those they're replacing.

Holgate is a CB through and through and no one will convince me otherwise

Jonjoe has played under Koeman, Allardyce and Silva, he’s never had a sustained run in the team by any of them,not because he isn’t good enough,because in my opinion he is, but because none of them have believed in him, if one of them had faith in him he would have progressed, he’s been in and out of the team, dropped without good reason and if he’s not pissed off he should be, going forward he pick out his men better than Seamus and his defending is as good as well, I love Seamus but let’s be honest last season he had some very poor games amongst the good ones but was never dropped, Jonjoe should have been treated the same way but he wasn’t. Not up to standard, say some of you, I beg to differ, give him a decent run in the team and he’ll prove it, over to you Mr. Silva.

Totally agree, very unfair (and ridiculous) the amount of stick he gets. IMO the Bundesliga is the perfect league for players his age to develop in. He'll have a manager who knows English football which I think would help him. I think he could be successful if he goes there.

Loan Coleman ou or sell himt, buy a new RB and have Keeny as his number two. That's the way it should have gone.

*doffs cap to a real master*
I correct myself: he's better than Coleman.

Are people really saying Coleman is the obvious starter now?

That's sentiment, we need to move on or we;ll be trophyless for 35 years never mind 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back