2017/18 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did ok. In a more confident team he'll deliver some quality into the box too. He's obviously got potential.

But what is it about him sometinmes letting the ball go through him and out for an opposition throw in?! I've seen this a few times now, not just tonight: he seems to be there in position to take a pass, it comes to him and he lets it go by him and out. His focus isn't all it should be. He seems to take his eye off the ball.

You've just said it mate, its focus. Kids confidence has gone to pot but what choice do we have but to play him. He's either gonna sink or swim. Ain't got the swagger he has for the u23's where he likes to bomb on but I'm hopeful he just gets through this period and is all the stronger for it. He's been constantly on the back foot hence balls come at him and they go out becsuse he isn't set right.

You've just said it mate, its focus. Kids confidence has gone to pot but what choice do we have but to play him. He's either gonna sink or swim. Ain't got the swagger he has for the u23's where he likes to bomb on but I'm hopeful he just gets through this period and is all the stronger for it. He's been constantly on the back foot hence balls come at him and they go out becsuse he isn't set right.
Preseason was good too. He has the talent. In a team like this he's going to have to come through a baptism of fire.

Seeing as we swamped the midfield tonight with DM's we really needed Martina and Kenny to bomb on past Lennon / Lookman when we were attacking (I use that term loosely). Just didn't happen, unfortunately, and perhaps that just shows Kenny's fear of making a mistake and being caught high up the pitch more than anything.

Seeing as we swamped the midfield tonight with DM's we really needed Martina and Kenny to bomb on past Lennon / Lookman when we were attacking (I use that term loosely). Just didn't happen, unfortunately, and perhaps that just shows Kenny's fear of making a mistake and being caught high up the pitch more than anything.

Thought he played pretty well overall, and did get forward occasionally, even from lb. But regards this, I think he may have been more concerned with staying back considering how poor we've been, as opposed to making a mistake himself. One thing I hate is when FBs bomb on before it is actually safe to do so, and with how we are playing at the moment that seems to be hardly ever.

It’s tough times for young Jonjoe, but I thought he put in a good performance last night, nothing spectacular, getting in the tackles , going forward when able and despite his comparatively small size he’s always shown good ability with his head , good leap and positioning - the head back from Siggi’s cross that was just out of play was typical of him. He can hold his own and get better, and I thought he looked more comfortable ar left back than Martina. But the problem is at the moment we need rock solid , experienced players of full international quality who can bring composure to our team . He’s not that yet but remains our best option at right back, my worry is that we get Big Sam / Dyche in and they buy a few solid but unspectacular players to get us out of trouble and the youngsters disappear .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back