2017/18 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great to see. Remember when Seamus broke through, we had the luxury of the white Maldini, rather than Cuco. He went out for a season at Blackpool & was fed in gently. I say gently, he was thrown in at LB in Lisbon (with Hibbo laying CB) when we got a right beasting.... aside from that, he was introduced gradually.

I've been quite critical of him recently so I should praise him today because that was more like it.

Must admit I'm less sure that he's got it in him to be a real top player than I was a year ago, but performances like today are good enough to make him a decent option and I'll take that.

His mentality seems a lot like Coleman's. I'd imagine Seamus will be a really good tutor for this guy. Hopefully he can keep improving. Promising signs.
The lad's got a great mentality. He's a winner. No doubt he started slowly in the first team but that's not surprising since Koeman showed absolutely no confidence in the lad. Since Unsworth has come in he's had a little run and he's got better with each game i think. Thought he played well in Lyon at left back and did even better today.

Has a poor game - the fans decide he isn't up to it or isn't ready
Has a good game - the fans big him up and claim he's going to be the next big thing

Needs to be given a run of games at right back so we can actually see if he is ready at this level. Same with Lookman, same with Baningime. Personally think all 3 are ready (Lookman probably the most), but they are definitely good enough as squad players so this run in the first team will be great experience.

He's had some off days and some decent ones though so far. Can't have helped him to have come in to the side in such poor form and low confidence, with little options ahead of him to play the ball to and also get played at left back like on Thursday which is not his position. Imagine playing Baines at right back lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back