2017/18 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
..they were terrific down their left side. Both full backs have been left exposed all season which hasn’t helped. It also means they have nobody to hit down the line or partner to link with. Those of us who have watched Kenny in youth football know how effectively he plays with the likes of Dowell, it’s probably not the best time to judge him at present.

I’d have played Holgate yesterday as the better defensive option but the reality is it doesn’t really matter in this ineffective team set up.

thought yesterday was his best game to be fair. got dragged away for the first goal but that was down to jags getting left for dead by gray, if Kenny didn't go across to gray... gray is through on goal

Just rewatched the highlights of the game and noticed he stopped more crosses than Martina has in his lifetime, good game from JJ.
For me he should have got more game time earlier in the season, especially during the early EL rounds, giving him time to adapt to the step up. When he was finally introduced the team was in freefall, the experienced players couldn't even look after their own game never mind keep an eye on the youngsters, and even Keane was starting to look shot. There has been little or no cover in front of him and he has been left to deal with top quality players like Sanchez, Willian, Traore, Mahrez and Richarlison. It's hard to think of a more difficult start for him.

I think he's been badly managed but hopefully he will come out of it stronger. On the whole I think the kid has done all right and has been slowly improving game by game. He has not shied or hidden during games, unlike some of our more experienced players, and his attitude has been top drawer. We need Seamus back soon to get the lad out of the firing line, but in the meantime he's a better option at RB then Martina or Holgate.

I've got a good feeling about this lad. Think he may do OK for us;)

..they were terrific down their left side. Both full backs have been left exposed all season which hasn’t helped. It also means they have nobody to hit down the line or partner to link with. Those of us who have watched Kenny in youth football know how effectively he plays with the likes of Dowell, it’s probably not the best time to judge him at present.

I’d have played Holgate yesterday as the better defensive option but the reality is it doesn’t really matter in this ineffective team set up.

This, we are struggling defensively because our wingback can't carry all the offensive and defensive duty throughout the match by themselves. Only TOP team with world class wingback can cope with such tactics.

The way Baines and kenny struggling to track back is a pitiful sight to watch. Especially when their in such an advance position and people like Rooney and siggy keep passing bavkwards or losses the ball is absolutely criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back