2017/18 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
People actually think this guy is going to make it? Get real. I suppose that's the stage things are at, make one or two tackles and suddenly you're one of the better players.

i recall a certain Mr S Coleman Esq getting ripped apart in one of his first games against illa Real (I think) and getting sent out on loan. He turned out OK didnt he?

Pardon? You mean his debut at Benfica for christs sake, yeah how weird that a young kid struggled in an absolute cauldron against a side who rarely don't win at home. 3 days later he was MOTM against Spurs. Don't make stupid comparisons. This is why this place is a laughing stock, you prove my point completely. Jumping to ridiculous conclusions on the back of nothing.

Pardon? You mean his debut at Benfica for christs sake, yeah how weird that a young kid struggled in an absolute cauldron against a side who rarely don't win at home. 3 days later he was MOTM against Spurs. Don't make stupid comparisons. This is why this place is a laughing stock, you prove my point completely. Jumping to ridiculous conclusions on the back of nothing.
That would be you doing that mate, because that never happened. You may be thinking of a game about 2 months later when he came on as a sub against Spurs and set up a goal, or more likely you're thinking of a game about 18 months later when he was superb against an in form Bale - that was after his loan spell. Hope this helps mate.

I like Kenny; just feel he could be getting a little more help/guidance during games from the more senior defenders around him. He's a young lad who has been put in the team at a very difficult period for us; players low on confidence and direction, lots of supporters being far from supportive and creating a toxic atmosphere - almost to the extent that it's like they want certain players to fail just so they can then say "See! I told you he was crap!".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back