2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
English specs on there, mate. Lloris & the french belg were a touch better (Courtois won the Golden Glove), and Subasic was, like Pickford, hugely influential the run to the Semis.

Joint-3rd best keep was our Jordan.

Agree with you we have a great young goalie, if we sell him i'll fume, don't care how much the fee is.

This is the same Lloris that basically committed a Karius in the final? Lucky for him it wasn't a close game. Don't think Courtois was all that either, it just came down to the 3rd/4th play off and he kept a clean sheet and Pickford didn't due to the vastly superior players on the Belgian side.

Keepers are easily replaced you couldn't be more wrong if you tried .

aye, the keep is the most important position to get right, even more so than the centre-forward or playmaker.

Fair shout went a bit OTT with stand out goalie . Maybe what am trying to say is that our fans need to support the lad instead of nik picking like arl grannies when a pass go's out or a goal go's in

deffo agree with that! some bedwetters on here were already laying into Pickford during the World Cup.

we have some weird fans.

He was second only to Courtois I reckon

also a fair shout.

..if you are a progressive club you don’t sell your best players unless, (a) the player is pushing for the move, and/or (b) you think the amount being offered is way over the players value.

i wouldn't even sell for that...Pickford's the first goalie we have i feel good about since Nev. Martyn was excellent, of course, but we knew at the time it was only a temp solution. We've needed a high-end keep in for the long-term for over 20 years now.

This is the same Lloris that basically committed a Karius in the final? Lucky for him it wasn't a close game. Don't think Courtois was all that either, it just came down to the 3rd/4th play off and he kept a clean sheet and Pickford didn't due to the vastly superior players on the Belgian side.

Yes, the same Lloris that kept a clean sheet against those vastly superior Belgian players.

SKY were just trying to make a headline regarding the Chelsea interest in Pickford.. Everybody knows that clubs all round Europe would love to sign Pickford, however as you listen the reporters more or less admit that a deal is highly improbable if not impossible. They even suggested it would take a bid of 100m to get Everton interested.

Lloris made the most saves from open play in the entire tournament, including a couple against the feared belgs.

That's fair enough keepers are there to stop shots, if your defence works you might get a load of easy long range catches or they are correctly in place to mean you don't have to guard the full goal which makes it easier to make saves, however he also made the biggest blooper by a goalkeeper in a world cup final...ever. That to me immediately excludes him from being above Pickford. If it had been Pickford who made that error he would have been lambasted to the end of time for it and Lloris is doing this on a regular basis.

If you see it differently that is fair enough it is all about opinions.

It would be steep anyhow, the RS have seen to that by paying 67 million. However there is a difference if the selling club don't know how much we are getting. For all they know it could be 60 million so we end up paying around 40 for a suitable replacement, if we have already sold Pickford for 105 million we could be getting fleeced for over half that.
That is true.
Too late now to be sure of getting a decent replacement so would have to be something astronomical in my opinion.

Pickford Stance
Everton will reject offers from any club for Jordan Pickford amid reports linking Chelsea with a move for the goalkeeper, Goal’sChelsea reporter Nizaar Kinsella understands.
Sky sources yesterday claimed Pickford would be the London club’s top target should Thibaut Courtois depart this summer, but Kinsella believes the Blues would not be willing to sell the former Sunderland man under any circumstances.
Everton’s relationship with Chelsea is already strained after their acrimonious pursuit of John Stones several seasons ago and Marco Silva wants to hold onto his prized asset.

I've no doubt that Pickord's only going to get better (so his value should continue to rise), he's on a decent contract still, there's no need to raise funds for transfers, and I'm struggling to think of a decent replacement (seeing as Mattia Perin has just gone to Juve). So unless an astronomical offer comes in (~100m+), we've got to do all that we can to hold on to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.