2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah yeah his professional reputation has taken a hit but look at his marketing prospects.

Imagine a commercial that begins with Pickford trudging down the goodison tunnel. He's despondent over conceding another trademark Pickford howler, costing Everton 3 points. Then a young fan approaches Pickford , he says "making errors must make you hungry Mr. Pickford. Want a candy bar?" Pickford responds with his classic mumbled style "yeah that's right lad". The kid tosses Pickford the candy bar , Pickford confidently attempts to catch the candy bar with his typical smirk present. As the candy bar arrives he bungles the catch and the candy bar drops to the ground. The camera then pans to the candy bar to reveal the brand, which is of course Butterfinger. They both laugh and the kid ends the commercial with the line "haha your the worst Pickford a real Butterfinger". End scene

He’s genuinely been alright for the most part this season, the Leicester equaliser, a goal at home to Brighton and the derby (which I think he responded pretty well to). I’m not his biggest fan but he’s still one of our players and had death threats, his wife/fiancé abused and ended up needing bodyguards because the abuse got that bad. It’s easy to think he should be used to the pressure but then again he’s 26, don’t know what any of us think if we’re 26 and getting death threats for making a mistake at work. Ideally we sell him in the summer and hope he makes a good career elsewhere

Oh effing hell, no. Putting VJD in the treatment room and not for STD.
Who is VJD...........The VJD method is a method of calculating target scores in rain-truncated limited overs cricket matches, devised by a civil engineer from Kerala, V Jayadevan. It is a method that is an alternative to the DLS (Duckworth, Lewis and Sterne) method. (google is your friend!)
Assume VVD?

Looking at the Premier League's stats for 'error's leading to goals', Pickford is currently 2nd for this season, was 2nd last season and 4th the season before that. He's been consistently one of the worst and most unreliable keepers in the league, there is no excuses to keep on giving him chances when we have a capable keeper in Olsen.

That stat doesn't even pick up the amount of flapping he does over the course of a game either.
Tbf errors leading to goals is a bit of a grey area in my opinion. It comes directly from Opta so a lot of the time it’s very objective depending on the analyst. The penalty Mendy gave away vs us isn’t classed as an error leading to goal, despite him being an idiot, like Alisson won’t have got one for his penalty v Burnley. Similarly with Leno the other night, gets sent off but there’s no error or anything. It’s hard to gauge sometimes for keepers, errors tend to be only given for black and white things like the Leicester equaliser, Kepa vs Liverpool, only really given when it’s a howler or a Gerrard slip.

After typing that out I’ve just thought it’s probably even worse for Pickford explaining it like that given how many goals we concede where we’ve thought ‘a top keeper saves that’.

He’s genuinely been alright for the most part this season, the Leicester equaliser, a goal at home to Brighton and the derby (which I think he responded pretty well to). I’m not his biggest fan but he’s still one of our players and had death threats, his wife/fiancé abused and ended up needing bodyguards because the abuse got that bad. It’s easy to think he should be used to the pressure but then again he’s 26, don’t know what any of us think if we’re 26 and getting death threats for making a mistake at work. Ideally we sell him in the summer and hope he makes a good career elsewhere

Social media era sadly. The 40 watt bulb for a brain merchants can now take 10 seconds to write them even though there is no substance to them. Not right but that will never be eradicated now. You'll always get the odd moron.

Utd
Spurs ( FAC )
Fulham
RS

next 4 matches ....interesting choices for Carlo re: Olsen / Pickford...could see him alternating if Pickfords not out injured....Pickford ( utd / Fulham ) Olsen ( Spurs / RS ) Cant imagine Pickford plays at Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.