2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of fans have been more than a bit harsh with the last minute howler shouts.
Don’t get me wrong what he did with VVD was wreckless and could have cost us dear.
However, Henderson hit a well struck shot with lots of spin on it, which took a slight bobble a few feet before reaching Pickford and ended up hitting the thumb part of his left hand spinning into the top of the net, without the bobble he makes the save.
He has been in poor form, but had a good game yesterday bar the head stagger with VVD, I think he’s gonna be our number one for the rest of this season and we shouldn’t lump unjust criticism on him.
He had a decent game. 2 very good saves. Could have been sent off after 10 minutes. Conceded a shot in the last minute(offside) that any keeper should have saved. Please don't make excuses like well hit shot, ball spinning and hits a bobble. It should have been a very easy save. Hes a very lucky boy. All in all a normal day performance from Jittery Jordan.

He had a decent game. 2 very good saves. Could have been sent off after 10 minutes. Conceded a shot in the last minute(offside) that any keeper should have saved. Please don't make excuses like well hit shot, ball spinning and hits a bobble. It should have been a very easy save. Hes a very lucky boy. All in all a normal day performance from Jittery Jordan.
Obviously we disagree on Henderson’s shot and whether it should have been an easy save, either way Pickford played well yesterday and was also lucky (once for me, twice for you), but I will take lucky because for years we have been anything but, also as I just hope he can use yesterday as a chance to revert back to the keeper he showed signs of when he first came and not the one who emerged after his ‘exchanges’ with Newcastle fans.

Lots of fans have been more than a bit harsh with the last minute howler shouts.
Don’t get me wrong what he did with VVD was wreckless and could have cost us dear.
However, Henderson hit a well struck shot with lots of spin on it, which took a slight bobble a few feet before reaching Pickford and ended up hitting the thumb part of his left hand spinning into the top of the net, without the bobble he makes the save.
He has been in poor form, but had a good game yesterday bar the head stagger with VVD, I think he’s gonna be our number one for the rest of this season and we shouldn’t lump unjust criticism on him.

I can't back him with the last min shot, it was tame and straight at him, even if there is spin/bobble, keepers do these drills hundred times a day, its routine. Its pointless excusing him anymore he's had so so many chances.

It’s not Evertonians’ concern we should not care whether a ref had sent off our keeper or not. He stayed on the field then it’s all good.
true but we share a city were have to listen to their cry arsing all day.

Was just pointing out that the decisions were correct, take into account that Robertson & Mane could have seen Red they weren't as hard done by as they think

true but we share a city were have to listen to their cry arsing all day.

Was just pointing out that the decisions were correct, take into account that Robertson & Mane could have seen Red they weren't as hard done by as they think

Yet these pundits turn their blind eye to their fouls.

Out of interest he got a lot of votes yesterday for MOTM, interested to know did ppl vote for him because he took out VVD or his saves?
VagueNearAyeaye-small.gif

Out of interest he got a lot of votes yesterday for MOTM, interested to know did ppl vote for him because he took out VVD or his saves?
Purely for smashing van dijk. His failed attempt at saving Henderson's shot was horrendous. In the cold light of day, he makes saves that you'd expect most keepers to make, but is making mistakes with alarming regularity. Pretty much one per game now.

That should be his last contribution ever for us in all truth. If it wasn’t for that offsides decision, he gets a red and we get pummeled. Good eye Pickford and goodbye Pickford. So long, farewell, you’ll be at Stoke tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.