2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm no mate. Martyn. Even prime Howard was better.
Martyn was good no doubt, Howard was good on his day, however not in the same league as a prime Southall. He was known as the best in the world at the time by most people. He finished off at Everton though like Seamus will, two of the best we've ever had in their respective positions yet the "fans" turn on them when age catches up.

Tim Howard was the better keeper in nearly all situations, set pieces, corners, one vs one, pens. I felt more confident he'd deny the opposition.
For sure. People tend to judge him on his last couple of seasons, where he and the defence wasnt very good. Under Moyes, he was very good for us, mentionably better than Pickford.

Martyn was good no doubt, Howard was good on his day, however not in the same league as a prime Southall. He was known as the best in the world at the time by most people. He finished off at Everton though like Seamus will, two of the best we've ever had in their respective positions yet the "fans" turn on them when age catches up.

You said Pickford is the best since Nev.

I never said Howard & Martyn were better than Nev.

Sure, but we all know the really bad ones, plenty in here still claiming Pickford isn't just decent but actually good.
He is decent and can be very good on his day. But far from a top-level, elite GK.

That being said, when defenders fail to mark players six yards out from goal then I'm not laying any blame at a GK unless it is hit at them with no pace on it.

Is he a case of being marmite - you either love him or hate him

Southall and Martyn were deffo the best. Shame we couldn't have got Martyn sooner bar the m62 fiasco story - peter johnson was it...

We also signed Pat Jennings. Sadly after his prime. Booby Mimms, was half decent. Had a fair career at spurs after

Status
Not open for further replies.