2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like he’s our captain this season unless Coleman makes a cameo.

Not a huge fan of keepers as captain but it’s very hard to argue when he was undoubtably our player of the season last year and is definitely a big confident personality not afraid to tell anyone what’s what.

Another season performing at last years level would be very welcome and hopefully the rest of the squad won’t let him down again!

Not a huge fan of keepers as captain but it’s very hard to argue when he was undoubtably our player of the season last year and is definitely a big confident personality not afraid to tell anyone what’s what.

Another season performing at last years level would be very welcome and hopefully the rest of the squad won’t let him down again!
Yeah I think it’s kind of impractical to have the keeper be captain because it’s more challenging to get involved when needed up the field. But agreed on everything you said. I’d really like that journey for Pickford to being a leader. Think Tarkowski will end up being the other captain out on the pitch, whether he has the armband or not.

Yeah I think it’s kind of impractical to have the keeper be captain because it’s more challenging to get involved when needed up the field. But agreed on everything you said. I’d really like that journey for Pickford to being a leader. Think Tarkowski will end up being the other captain out on the pitch, whether he has the armband or not.

With football, I think it is more a status thing during the 90 minutes, so really don't mind him being captain and he has deserved it. They talk about having 11 captains on the pitch, everybody needs to be vocal. Before the game, after the game, during training, this is where you probably need one player to be the focal point for inspiration, conduit between management and the rest of the players, etc. There is also the probable heightened media presence. I sense that Pickford could be perfect for that job.

With football, I think it is more a status thing during the 90 minutes, so really don't mind him being captain and he has deserved it. They talk about having 11 captains on the pitch, everybody needs to be vocal. Before the game, after the game, during training, this is where you probably need one player to be the focal point for inspiration, conduit between management and the rest of the players, etc. There is also the probable heightened media presence. I sense that Pickford could be perfect for that job.

Might also be a sign that he's matured and has better focus. I for one slated him for that. Equally sometimes the extra responsibility brings out the best on people. Definitely seems more reliable and calm than the keeper of a few seasons ago.

Might also be a sign that he's matured and has better focus. I for one slated him for that. Equally sometimes the extra responsibility brings out the best on people. Definitely seems more reliable and calm than the keeper of a few seasons ago.

I see the 'murder' of Van Dijk as a big turning point in his maturity development. He came out of that cauldron of, completely unjust, media negativity, death threats, etc. in the right way. Would not have blamed him for completely crumbling psychologically but it seems to have made him a stronger personality.

Well, that and sorting tickets for player's families.

Status
Not open for further replies.