2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those teams have financial resources we don't though. I think you're well aware of that.

The biggest issue with Moshiri's tenure is the failure to realize that we never had the finances to compete without a very well thought out plan of where the money was going.
You can fault the transfer policy quite a bit, but personally, Pickford goes in the plus column for me.

We bought a young Keeper who went on to become Englands number 1 and has grown into a match winning Goalkeeper for us.

I know you wont agree and thats ok.

You can fault the transfer policy quite a bit, but personally, Pickford goes in the plus column for me.

We bought a young Keeper who went on to become Englands number 1 and has grown into a match winning Goalkeeper for us.

I know you wont agree and thats ok.
It's just that all the pieces matter. Overspending on a GK who stunk (imagine we bought Kepa?) would clearly be well worse but now we have no money for positions that are going to cost more than a keeper would. I don't think Pope is better than Pickford but is the difference as wide as their respective fees? Absolutely not.

For all the crap I give Pickford he is a plus signing as you say. The whole picture though is very minus and everything counts.

It's just that all the pieces matter. Overspending on a GK who stunk (imagine we bought Kepa?) would clearly be well worse but now we have no money for positions that are going to cost more than a keeper would. I don't think Pope is better than Pickford but is the difference as wide as their respective fees? Absolutely not.

For all the crap I give Pickford he is a plus signing as you say. The whole picture though is very minus and everything counts.
We don't have money cos we spent 30m on Pickford, it's the other 20 or so players we spent 20m+ on.

Are you ok, or did a Ghost writer - write that for you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.