2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
…I’m old and I’m old fashioned but I will never understand how an outfield player out jumps a goalkeeper when they have an equal run at the ball.

I agree. I'd say most goalkeepers should be claiming that one no bother. Even up against a strong player like Antonio. What happened to the old 'knee up' in to the striker and take charge?

His footwork and timing are completely wrong getting out jumped like that. Then tries to catch instead of punching when under pressure. Came flying out in the first half diving and punching under no pressure when he should have caught it. Unforgivable.

…I’m old and I’m old fashioned but I will never understand how an outfield player out jumps a goalkeeper when they have an equal run at the ball.
In those situations you need to have one eye on the ball and a spare looking at what the attacker is doing, Antonio starts leading with the arm just as it’s dropping towards his head, there’s two ways it’s going, wide or Pickford clatters him and it’s a pen

I've not seen a replay, but in my eyes it's either a goal kick or a foul. Because Antonio has 3ither headed the ball or Pickford.

I'd also add for people wanting him sold again, 2 point blank saves and he's been faultless since the Derby.

This thread needs burning to the ground

Actually made some decent saves again.

But, the error then stands out and highlighted the height issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.