2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
All keepers make mistakes, I saw Neville Southall making quite a few over the years, it's whether they let it affect their confidence that is the thing. Time will tell, but, I expect this more mature version of Pickford to just carry on with the form he was showing before the Utd. game. In fairness he was not even that bad on Sunday, just not up to the excellent standards he has set for himself this season.

All keepers make mistakes, I saw Neville Southall making quite a few over the years, it's whether they let it affect their confidence that is the thing. Time will tell, but, I expect this more mature version of Pickford to just carry on with the form he was showing before the Utd. game. In fairness he was not even that bad on Sunday, just not up to the excellent standards he has set for himself this season.
Nev made plenty of mistakes, like every keeper. Even when he won Footballer of the Year, he had a few howlers and not the 'he may have done better' or 'his positioning wasn't great' kind, but real clangers. That Wimbledon game in 94 was the worst ever performances by any legendary keeper too- he just wasn't there all game- and he got lucky. But some people have an obsession with thinking some of our retired players, never made any errors. Strange.

Is he becoming a problem again?

Shocking mistake, bad enough the spill but compounds it by the stupid tackle. Takes way too long holding on to the ball, nothing to be gained by it. Nothing

I've said it for years
Good goalie.
But any shot straight at him and he let's in bounce of his chest before gathering it. He can't claim a shot cleanly for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back