2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go
Very harsh to blame him for either goal really, certainly the first which was just a brilliant finish, the second was slightly hologrammy like but Ronaldo being clean through was more the issue.
Got a touch for the first as well pretty sure.

If he stays further back than to the left of the penalty spot for that first goal he doesn't give Anthony the easy shot. The Ronaldo goal was easily stoppable. He was beaten on his near post!
The if he did that then he shouldn't have done that and this would have happened doesn't wash with me, as all players have to make decisions in split seconds so no problem with that one. Unless of course you want him to stop everything and want us to win every game, which is never going to happen.

The second goal he should have saved.

430A3BF7-BB6E-4C6B-90A8-1BE4C619B299.jpeg

Totally on him for this goal; there’s no need to be that far out from the position of Ronaldo, especially with Coady there as well

If he stays further back than to the left of the penalty spot for that first goal he doesn't give Anthony the easy shot. The Ronaldo goal was easily stoppable. He was beaten on his near post!
Agree with this. He doesn’t narrow the shot for the striker in a lot of instances. For the first goal, if he had fully committed to coming out and not stalled he would have gotten to the ball. And as said by Davek, he was beaten on his near post for the 2nd which seems to happen often with him.

Agree with this. He doesn’t narrow the shot for the striker in a lot of instances. For the first goal, if he had fully committed to coming out and not stalled he would have gotten to the ball. And as said by Davek, he was beaten on his near post for the 2nd which seems to happen often with him.
Happens often? Really? Not from where I sit. You must have a different view, perhaps from Upper Goodison Road stand?

He had a 'kin stinker.

That's the truth.
You Only come out when Everton get beat and blame Pickford time and time again. When he was pulling out worldies this season and last you barely said a word. We get you don’t like him. It’s just boring with you now. Got and toss yourself off over the Olsen pictures you have on your wall. Muppet.

I thought he was poor for both goals, made the decision for both strikers to hit them early.

He has games like yesterday though, twitchy, creating panic when there's no need, poor distribution, hanging onto the ball for far too long...

all round a crap performance by him.

It happens. He'll have games where he certainly saves us a point or wins us 3 that's for sure and he's got credit in the bank with me until the year 2035 after the double save against Chelsea last season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.