2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha, as if people are blaming Pickford for those goals.

Ive just rewatched them, he didnt have a chance with either.

People and their agendas.

He rushed out for the first goal when he needn't have; the second he got his angles bollocksed up.

And if he stayed on his line people would have had something to say.

Goalkeeping 101, close down the angle.
Nope. The defender had caught up and got goal side of Rashford. Pickford racing out gave him an easy chance to slot.

Hahahaha, as if people are blaming Pickford for those goals.

Ive just rewatched them, he didnt have a chance with either.

People and their agendas.

Beaten at the near post for the second goal was poor.

The ball hits the back of the net in the centre of the goal which tells me that he got his angles wrong.

Poor from Pickford last night, but he has been excellent for a long time, so no problem there.

One on ones are always a bit of a lottery. You don't have time to react as a keeper and make a save, just hope the other bloke kicks it at you. I'd expect most premier league strikers to score these 7 times out of 10. Wouldn't blame him for the goals.
Not sure about his kicking though. Keeps on playing long-ish balls to the wing-back area, which seem more risky than they're worth to me. Just puts the player under pressure and it comes back to him anyway?

Very harsh to blame him for either goal really, certainly the first which was just a brilliant finish, the second was slightly hologrammy like but Ronaldo being clean through was more the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.