2023/24 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we fault Pickford for the goal, lads?

Absolutely not. His teammate lost it in an area he would not expect, so positioning was correct at that point of the play. He was therefore partially sighted. It was not a conventional shot, more opportunistic and as such came too fast to make any adjustments.

I actually thought it highlighted what a good keeper he is by getting so close to it. Others would likely have been standing there watching it go in and we wouldn't then be debating whether they were at fault just saying 'that was such a good goal that the keeper didn't move'.

Absolutely not. His teammate lost it in an area he would not expect, so positioning was correct at that point of the play. He was therefore partially sighted. It was not a conventional shot, more opportunistic and as such came too fast to make any adjustments.

I actually thought it highlighted what a good keeper he is by getting so close to it. Others would likely have been standing there watching it go in and we wouldn't then be debating whether they were at fault just saying 'that was such a good goal that the keeper didn't move'.
I was taking the proverbial... ;)

Yeah agree. Rice has to take the most blame and the defence backing off Simons didn't help either. I did think at the time he could maybe have done better but also think he sees it a little late.
That shot was hit with so much pace and he was partially unsighted. I actually thought he did brilliant just to get a touch on it but then thought that regardless of a keeper getting any slight touch despite stretching every sinew in his body then the know nothing pundits then use that as an excuse to say 'He should have done better'. Great powerful shot and good attempt by pickford. I think some keepers would have been rooted and just watch it go in.

All this crap about him being short, little arms etc....

Did anyone ever complain about casillas? Same size and he was class too
Carlo Ancelotti sorted out his little arms, mate ;)

JPA1.jpg

All this crap about him being short, little arms etc....

Did anyone ever complain about casillas? Same size and he was class too

He’s actually taller than Jan Sommer the Swiss keeper who has had a good reputation throughout his career. The kopite media hate him being England’s number 1 and always will, hence making all this stuff up about height, short arms, and his temperament. The facts are that for Everton and England the bigger the game the better he plays. He’s also reduced the number of errors he makes to a miniscule amount. Thats why he’s such a good tournament keeper and why Southgate has never been tempted to go for Pope or Ramsdale who make error after error the bigger the game gets.

We’ve seen Allison Courtois Ederson make horrible errors on the ball in big CL games. Lloris in the world cup final. People can criticise Pickford all they want but he just doesn’t make those errors. Seeing Green v USA, Seaman v Brazil, Carson v Croatia, Hart v Wales and Iceland. Pickford just hasn’t made those high profile errors.

The weird hatred of him by some is bizarre and Evertonians who buy into it are even weirder.

I think the fact Southgate kept picking him, despite the media clearly campaigning for other candidates because they don't like the Everton keeper playing for England, meant that he knew he could stay here and still remain England's #1, which lessened the chance of him agitating for a move

Credit to Southgate on that front to be honest

Other England managers might have bowed to the pressure and he would have been looking for a move to save his England career

He’s actually taller than Jan Sommer the Swiss keeper who has had a good reputation throughout his career. The kopite media hate him being England’s number 1 and always will, hence making all this stuff up about height, short arms, and his temperament. The facts are that for Everton and England the bigger the game the better he plays. He’s also reduced the number of errors he makes to a miniscule amount. Thats why he’s such a good tournament keeper and why Southgate has never been tempted to go for Pope or Ramsdale who make error after error the bigger the game gets.

We’ve seen Allison Courtois Ederson make horrible errors on the ball in big CL games. Lloris in the world cup final. People can criticise Pickford all they want but he just doesn’t make those errors. Seeing Green v USA, Seaman v Brazil, Carson v Croatia, Hart v Wales and Iceland. Pickford just hasn’t made those high profile errors.

The weird hatred of him by some is bizarre and Evertonians who buy into it are even weirder.
he's the same height as Southall was isnt he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.