2023/24 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dear Guardian, stop talking bollocks.

Jordan Pickford (GK) Could he have got more on Simons’s early blast? Solid enough afterwards and made a crucial save from Van Dijk. 6

Jordan Pickford (GK) Could he have got more on Simons’s early blast? Solid enough afterwards and made a crucial save from Van Dijk. 6
Love Jordan as much as anyone, but does tend to have a weakness of conceding shots from distance.
Personally think its more a size thing than an ability thing, he dosent fill the goal as much as other goalies so there is a bigger surface area to hit/bigger distance for him to have to move toowhen a ball gets hit from distance.
Think Foden/Richarlison/Ayew/ last season, Denmark goal.

What he lacks in that area he more than makes up for with his close range reactions being able to get down quick and low to shots that bigger goalies wouldnt be able too

Love Jordan as much as anyone, but does tend to have a weakness of conceding shots from distance.
Personally think its more a size thing than an ability thing, he dosent fill the goal as much as other goalies so there is a bigger surface area to hit/bigger distance for him to have to move toowhen a ball gets hit from distance.

What he lacks in that area he more than makes up for with his close range reactions being able to get down quick and low to shots that bigger goalies wouldnt be able too
All keepers concede from distance. These balls also fly at speed. Overly harsh.
Think he is a solid keeper who doesn’t get the plaudits he deserves

All keepers concede from distance. These balls also fly at speed. Overly harsh.
Think he is a solid keeper who doesn’t get the plaudits he deserves
Maybe, just an observation of mine. Ive not checked the stats or anything, but just something ive noticed.
Maybe its because i see/watch pickford more than any other keeper.

Turns out i might be talking wham

As said, wouldnt swap him for anyone though

He really is one of the best around....don't think he gets as much credit as he plays for us and not a sky 6 team however I feel more fans are starting to appreciate him
I do think not playing for a top 6 team also helped him, he definitely had dodgy moments a few seasons back and I think being here managed to get him through it. He wouldn’t have survived that period at a too 6 club, he just about managed it here, plenty of our fans wanted him out.

Playing for us gives him more exposure to having to making saves and defend more, it’s an advantage for him as a keeper rather than sit all game and do nothing for a top6 club

All this crap about him being short, little arms etc....

Did anyone ever complain about casillas? Same size and he was class too

Nonsense, size makes zero difference when his feet are faster than any keeper on the planet.

His reaction time, along with his feet and general speed is what makes up for any so called lack of size.

The biggest keepers in the world concede loads from outside the box because they are too slow in reacting.

That goal was just too well hit, and would have beaten every keeper, even Southall.

Do they mention that Rice gave it away by the England box? Or is the Pickfords fault as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back