2023/24 Jordan Pickford

Never been the case mate, other than for pens in a shootout.
I get it but everything is just SO heavily favored to the attacker on penalties. They can do stupid as hell stutter steps, they can almost stop, they can feint etc. The keeper has to keep EXACTLY where he is, not allowed to move at all anywhere. If he does, the attacker gets ANOTHER chance to score the goal. I dunno, just always has seemed so hugely one sided.

I get it but everything is just SO heavily favored to the attacker on penalties. They can do stupid as hell stutter steps, they can almost stop, they can feint etc. The keeper has to keep EXACTLY where he is, not allowed to move at all anywhere. If he does, the attacker gets ANOTHER chance to score the goal. I dunno, just always has seemed so hugely one sided.

Yes should be disallowed.

Fantastic when he rushed out on Elanga, didn't even let him shoot. Thought we were screwed there
Proper keeping, that.

I used to love doing that in my amateur days. Of course, it was much easier to do at my level where the very fact a keeper could kamikaze a forward would, more of then than not, result in the forward soiling his underwear at the sight of the oncoming human missile. God bless Harald Schumacher. An inspiration to us all.

But at the top level, any onrushing save like that risks ridicule as forwards have so much skill and can skip around you. So, that was a superb piece of surprise attack by Pickford, executed consummately.

Pulled off two really important saves today. Good to see him parry that shot away from danger as he has a habit of making the save but pushing it into a dangerous area. Played well today.

We should talk about our good players more. Immense today. Several big saves, excellent decision-making throughout.
When our good players pull off great saves/tackles etc it then becomes the norm to our mindset. It is usually out of the blue situations from our average players that gets talked about more. I am happy enough for our good players to keep consistent and fly under the radar