2023/24 Jordan Pickford

See Pickford trending so click it. See Chelsea are supposedly after him.

Jordan Pickford, England #1, second most clean sheets in the league despite facing more shots than the goalies in 1st and 3rd combined.

Sooner that club returns to irrelevance the better.

I really dont get it.
Look at the amount of sub tweets saying he's average or below.
Are they solely judging him on that thrashing the other week or what?
I've no idea why Pickford faces constant criticisms from all sides.

I really dont get it.
Look at the amount of sub tweets saying he's average or below.
Are they solely judging him on that thrashing the other week or what?
I've no idea why Pickford faces constant criticisms from all sides.

Comes with being England number 1.

Years of having Gary Neville/Roy Keane types pick at him for being Englang number 1 too.

Just dont think the club is in a positon to sell pickford now imo i hope it can be onana then sell some of the others. I think pickford is a key player for us and nust dont see the value of selling us a big offer and i cant see that

The degree to which some of our supporters want to give away the player who, by almost any objective measure, has been most instrumental in keeping us up the last 3 seasons is beyond parody.

And he seemingly actually wants to be here. It's madness.

Now I get if the options are 1) Sell him OR 2) we go into administration, then I guess that's one thing.

But I'm not in the camp of sell Pickford, a known quantity, in his prime and spend that amount on another keeper who may or may not fit in here as well as Pickford. Or even half that amount on another keeper. Change isn't always for the best, especially when you're talking about a fully settled keeper vs a complete unknown

I remember the same being said about Seamus Coleman.

Key player, cant lose him, what if we dont replace him with quality etc etc.

Then he stayed until the end of his career dropping off season on season.

If we had sold him for big money and replaced with a top young player we would still now have a top notch right back.

Sell Pickford, reinvest the money before the inevitable happens.

Comes with being England number 1.

Years of having Gary Neville/Roy Keane types pick at him for being Englang number 1 too.
fair,
But I don't remember the likes of Seaman getting constant grief.
I think he just has that kind of personality that winds opposition players/coaches/pundits up.
It's refreshing to see a good old eccentric Keeper at Everton.

If we had sold him for big money and replaced with a top young player we would still now have a top notch right back.

Is different with gk have more time also what club will buy him and what price. Who is a real replacement and for what price

A bit off topic but I think your really underestimating the value of having Coleman as club captain over the last three seasons.
He's had an enormous part in saving the club tens of millions.

fair,
But I don't remember the likes of Seaman getting constant grief.
I think he just has that kind of personality that winds opposition players/coaches/pundits up.
It's refreshing to see a good old eccentric Keeper at Everton.

Fleet street/London media and England players.

If Pickford played for Arsenal, he'd get much less grief, IMO.

Is different with gk have more time also what club will buy him and what price. Who is a real replacement and for what price

£40mil for me. I love Pickford. I was someone who wanted him before we signed him and was so happy when he signed.

But we cant afford to keep players past their prime. The money needs to be brought in (covers FFP) and sent back out again for Verbruggen (Brighton) or someone of that ilk.

A bit off topic but I think your really underestimating the value of having Coleman as club captain over the last three seasons.

In hindsight have cashed in back during 2019 or 2020. I think id have been right to do so.

With that knowledge we should be doing the same with Pickford.

Esp pf the pitch telling players how much it means to the fans, leicester away was it going off injured then srm up trying get the fans going again. Coleman helps set the attitude of the players we need this more thwn ever at this time, would like see him kept on as a coach/player on reduced terms if that is something he wants

Fleet street/London media and England players.

If Pickford played for Arsenal, he'd get much less grief, IMO.
The good news is that over the last few seasons he seems to have learned how to deal with all the grief he gets.
Just coming in to his prime now. Last season really showed how good he is with two good center backs in front of him.

I've heard a lot of criticism from ex players about how he shouts and bullies his back line. I would imagine that as he becomes a more senior player, this style becomes way more acceptable.

We have a world class player who wants to be at the club and is just entering his prime!

£40mil for me. I love Pickford. I was someone who wanted him before we signed him and was so happy when he signed.

But we cant afford to keep players past their prime. The money needs to be brought in (covers FFP) and sent back out again for Verbruggen (Brighton) or someone of that ilk.

In hindsight have cashed in back during 2019 or 2020. I think id have been right to do so.

Hes a GoalKeeper who is 30 years old, hes in his prime and its likely he still has 5 years at his prime.

Again who gives us 40 plus if that verbruggen wad bought for 18 who says they wont want 30+ and would we even get that selling pickford