2023/24 Jordan Pickford

Verbruggen has played 24 games this season.
Jason Steele has played 22 games.

Why dont we just buy Jason Steele?

:hayee:
The guy was broke in the Sunderland till i die documentary, was scared of walking on a football pitch!

Done well to get his career back on track to be fair!

I remember the same being said about Seamus Coleman.

Key player, cant lose him, what if we dont replace him with quality etc etc.

Then he stayed until the end of his career dropping off season on season.

If we had sold him for big money and replaced with a top young player we would still now have a top notch right back.

Sell Pickford, reinvest the money before the inevitable happens.
I reiterate

The degree to which some of our supporters want to give away the player who, by almost any objective measure, has been most instrumental in keeping us up the last 3 seasons is beyond parody.

I very much doubt Pickford will be sold, if people think they are playing football manager or not with their valuations - He is worth way more than what is been said. Half this stuff that we can get better etc to me is a way for people that dont really like him to hope we get someone else lol

Again who gives us 40 plus if that verbruggen wad bought for 18 who says they wont want 30+ and would we even get that selling pickford

If we dont get the right fee then we dont sell.

Im saying if we could get more than what it would cost to bring in Verbruggen id do it.

Lucky you weren't in charge then isn't it! ;)

Really? Are you mad?

If we had sold Pickford for £40mil.

We then could have signed Verburggen for £16mil & had £24mil to go for a Right back for example or a winger.

Instead we have a 30 year old keeper instead of a comparable one who is 9 years younger.

It would have been fantastic business.

I reiterate

The degree to which some of our supporters want to give away the player who, by almost any objective measure, has been most instrumental in keeping us up the last 3 seasons is beyond parody.

Yes, £40mil is "giving him away"

Then replacing with a comparable quality keeper 9 years younger is somehow weakening that position.

No mate. No.

I very much doubt Pickford will be sold, if people think they are playing football manager or not with their valuations - He is worth way more than what is been said. Half this stuff that we can get better etc to me is a way for people that dont really like him to hope we get someone else lol

Thats mischievous.

I wanted Pickford before we signed him. Love him as our keeper.

It makes perfect sense to replace a 30 year old with a international 21 year old comparable in quality.

By not doing these things were currently in this mess.

How much do you think hes worth as a fee?

A couple of seasons ago id have said £60mil but hes 30 now. His value will continue to drop and then magically fans will complain why we have no money to replace him lol

Look at right back...

'Instead we have a 30 year old keeper instead of a comparable one who is 9 years younger.'

You think 30 is too old for a keeper? lol

Thats mischievous.

I wanted Pickford before we signed him. Love him as our keeper.

It makes perfect sense to replace a 30 year old with a international 21 year old comparable in quality.

By not doing these things were currently in this mess.

How much do you think hes worth as a fee?

A couple of seasons ago id have said £60mil but hes 30 now. His value will continue to drop and then magically fans will complain why we have no money to replace him lol

Look at right back...
We would have relegated if not Pickford in the last two seasons.

'Instead we have a 30 year old keeper instead of a comparable one who is 9 years younger.'

You think 30 is too old for a keeper? lol

Why put words in my mouth?

There seems to be alot of posters in this forum who like to put words in others mouths

Also many who cant understand why we dont have money to buy a functioning right back...or buy a quality centre forward.

We would have relegated if not Pickford in the last two seasons.

Its a team game.