2024/25 Jordan Pickford

some very weird people this thread who should get a ban.not sure how anyone in the right mind can blame him for the winner, keane getting outjumped,Harrinson error. he has made mistakes yes like all but cant keep blaming him for us losing when its not all on him. some it seems cant wait for us to lose to hover over their keyboards etc to get stuff in

Should've been sold 3 years ago really, but imagine the club doing the right thing.

It's actually not the goal that has me pissed at him, as typical as it is for him to be beaten from miles out, it's the not controlling his box and the woeful kicking mixed with all the BS ADHD energy that he's got going on out there. I just can't stand it.
Completely agree ! Just wasteful

some very weird people this thread who should get a ban.not sure how anyone in the right mind can blame him for the winner, keane getting outjumped,Harrinson error. he has made mistakes yes like all but cant keep blaming him for us losing when its not all on him. some it seems cant wait for us to lose to hover over their keyboards etc to get stuff in
As with everything in football it isn't about one moment or one goal. DCL isn't bad at finishing because he missed two 1v1s today he is because he misses a higher than average amount of chances over long periods. And Pickford isn't bad because of those goals today, he is because he's done all this for years and years.

Bad is the wrong word, Pickford isn't bad, but he is flawed and we really should have traded the flawed player for however much money he could fetch and used a portion of that on a cheaper yet similar level player while having enough to pay some debts or sign someone else.

I just am tired of him is all, it is always the same nonsense. I'd rather have a consistent but not spectacular keeper than a spectacular one who has wild swings on the basics.

Not sure about this, he’s been superb for us for years but isn’t above criticism. How many now have we conceded floated into the back post area? We’ve conceded 3/4 headers from about 4 yards out. That’s partly on not having JB fit but Pickford can do a lot better at that back post.

Not sure about this, he’s been superb for us for years but isn’t above criticism. How many now have we conceded floated into the back post area? We’ve conceded 3/4 headers from about 4 yards out. That’s partly on not having JB fit but Pickford can do a lot better at that back post.
Gardner could do way better on cross, caught out, keane should do better on cross, somehow outjumped for me. Gana should have cut the cross out 2 weeks ago etc. Pickford has made huge errors this season. and we seem all over the place at the back. We looked more than likely to conceded 1st before we somehow went 2up. abit of pressure applied to us and we crumble big time. we just cant defend as a team alot. we shouldnt be "relying a player outto save us"

Gardner could do way better on cross, caught out, keane should do better on cross, somehow outjumped for me. Gana should have cut the cross out 2 weeks ago etc. Pickford has made huge errors this season. and we seem all over the place at the back. We looked more than likely to conceded 1st before we somehow went 2up. abit of pressure applied to us and we crumble big time. we just cant defend as a team alot. we shouldnt be "relying a player outto save us"
Oh yeah there’s loads of errors throughout our defending but that cross from Digne is just a hopeful clip. Keane should do better (Branthwaite heads it behind again, same as one of the Bournemouth goals) but Pickford is stranded yet again.

Oh yeah there’s loads of errors throughout our defending but that cross from Digne is just a hopeful clip. Keane should do better (Branthwaite heads it behind again, same as one of the Bournemouth goals) but Pickford is stranded yet again.
It’s not a hopeful cross. It’s a great one that takes the keeper out of the play. Keane could have done better. But this was all fullback play. No one to pressure the cross, Young should have been on the back post with Keane and there would have been no goal.

This is the worst defending squad I’ve seen in my time as an Everton supporter. It’s through the entire squad, it’s both surprising under Dyche and why he’ll be fired. There’s no hints that it will get better.

It’s not a hopeful cross. It’s a great one that takes the keeper out of the play. Keane could have done better. But this was all fullback play. No one to pressure the cross, Young should have been on the back post with Keane and there would have been no goal.

This is the worst defending squad I’ve seen in my time as an Everton supporter. It’s through the entire squad, it’s both surprising under Dyche and why he’ll be fired. There’s no hints that it will get better.
It’s well executed but he just floats it into an area. Most keepers collect that ball four yards from their goal, one of them was in the other goal today.

I like Jordan but that’s never going to be a strength of his, he needs to anticipate it better with his size disadvantage.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back