Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
_81799758_jack_butland_getty.jpg

I concur

Good option. I'd imagine they dont want to spend too much money on a goalkeeper so they can continue to strength the outfield areas which are in desperate need.

Also, it's hard to fullly judge a keeper when they've had a good season in the worst team in the league who have basically played without a defence for the year. He can't save everything.

I'd rather give our youth team goalie a go.

After all that's all Sunderland did.

Pickford has come into the limelight purely due to how busy he is.
This is as a result of Sunderland being the worst team in the league rather than his own talent.

Should we really be signing goalkeepers that have just been part of a well relegated team?

We took Monsieurs Martinez, Kone, Alcatraz and Robles from a well relegated Wigan team and look what's happened with them.

I can't help but thinking we will regret this.

Yeah lad but he played after 1990 and it doesn't make me look clever to name a well known current player rather than Stupak Arsebotherer who played for Dynamo Nonce in the 1740s so he's NOT EVEN CLOSE.

i'd be happy with this, however, i would like us to go for someone more experienced ala begovic ilk as well and ship off stek, because pickford is still young and will make mistakes whilst he beds in, just like de gea used to. I think it's always handy to have a more experienced player to turn to, in tough times, and if it's just a choice of robles or stek, nothing will have changed from this season.

But we have enough business to do anyway without having to entertain the idea of buying 2 keeprs and selling 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back