Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering we have only really seen a lot of him this season, especially as Sunderland are struggling, he has a lot of experience even though he's only 23. In the last 4 years, he's played 30 games in League 2, then 33 in League 1, then 24 in the Championship and now 20+ for Sunderland in the PL.

Not many GK's at 23 have played over 160 games of 'competitive' football

Well it would help if the target up there could win a header too.

Joel's distribution is decent,

Its also not a necessary attribute for me.

That's not the distribution I am talking about. Pickford can play the ball into feet and into the channels for the striker to run on. He just played a brilliant ball to send Defoe through.

Rom isn't great at controlling hoofballs, but those typ into the head are very difficult to control and usually favors the defender anyways.

Just claimed a ball and launced a quality ball down field which Defoe nearly scored from....

Everton goalkeepers don't do that... it's a no from me.

Come back when you've slowed the entire play down!

Joel did exactly the same thing on more than one occasion this season....in fact a few weeks ago he was credited with an assist he put Rom in and he scored ;)

I would like a 6"6 beast in net next season but Pickford has surprised me today not just with the Hollywood saves but his kick outs are brilliant and his position and reaction have been very good. Go for it Moshi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back