Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i was you guys i would reject any furthar offer that comes your way from us.
Pickford would be my choice but the bid (if they have bid) is so disrespectful.

Its like when Chelsea have made bids for Stones & Lukaku in the past, i think there opening bid for Stones was 21 million, which they knew wouldnt get accepted, purely to unsettle the players and get the bid out there
And also when Utd bid about 24mil for both Baines & Fellaini, we were fuming over that and haven't forgiven Moyes because of it

For me it was Moyes quotes rather than the offer .

If we've bid £8m we've taken the absolute piss there. I know you go in lower than you want to pay but that low just seems disrespectful, if i was the selling club I'd hold out for more now.
Remember how we all felt when United came in for Baines and Fellaini with ridiculous bids. Outraged is too tame a description. Insulted is better. Why would we want to act like that to a club who we have built up such a good rapport with over the years. By all means do it with the likes of Chelsea just to P them off.

In any event, it's just paper talk so I'd like to believe it's a load of bull.

Just read on your Echo site you made a £8m bid :blush:

Bloody hell we're crap and skint but that's not even close to an offer that will get him it'll have to be nearer £20m with a few add ons imo

£8m pound offer is a joke not sure what the rationale is for low balling especially when other clubs did it to us it just pissed us off.

Sort it out Mosh

For me it was Moyes quotes rather than the offer .
The offer was derisory and therefore insulting. But it was Moyes' quotes that they needed to move for the good of their careers that put me off him for good. Especially after being given a great send off by the fans a couple of months earlier having seen out his contract. We're in the process of crucifying one of our current players for apparently doing something similar.

If that bid is true, I'm deeply worried about our summer, as that is clearly a nothing bid. It's not even designed to unsettle the player, as even he would know that's a stupid amount of money.

People would still find excuses to exonerate Walsh and Moshiri of any blame if kenwright and Elstone went, them being here only allows them to be used as a sacrificial lamb when bad business occurs, Steve wlash does conduct deals now. He is also involved in contract renewals and talks to other clubs directors?

Unless Dom King at the mail is lying.

Don't twist truth to fit agenda mate, we all know Kenwright and Elstone will be blamed for everything bad what happens.

relevant post to this situation for those blaming people

relevant post to this situation for those blaming people

Except it's absolute bubbles you're chatting there.

Steve Walsh has got nothing to do with transfer negotiations at all. He identifies and scouts players for the first and youth teams, but as far as financial transactions between clubs go, that is the job of the board and chairman. "Oh Bill gets blamed for everything that goes wrong". Well that's because the things that are going wrong are specific to his role!

Except it's absolute bubbles you're chatting there.

Steve Walsh has got nothing to do with transfer negotiations at all. He identifies and scouts players for the first and youth teams, but as far as financial transactions between clubs go, that is the job of the board and chairman. "Oh Bill gets blamed for everything that goes wrong". Well that's because the things that are going wrong are specific to his role!
Steve Walsh couldn't scout Bear Grylls.

If i was you guys i would reject any furthar offer that comes your way from us.
Pickford would be my choice but the bid (if they have bid) is so disrespectful.

Its like when Chelsea have made bids for Stones & Lukaku in the past, i think there opening bid for Stones was 21 million, which they knew wouldnt get accepted, purely to unsettle the players and get the bid out there
And also when Utd bid about 24mil for both Baines & Fellaini, we were fuming over that and haven't forgiven Moyes because of it
I know some of our fans love to see us fail but this takes the piss a bit.

It's business FFS. You don't get a trophy for being the nicest team in the league.

£8mill is a West Ham style bid. How embarassing! Is he worth £30mill, no but he's under contract and maybe they dont want to sell. I think £20mill plus addons is fair, however if Sunderland wont budge and we really want him then you have to pay.

We went mad when Moyes done this with Felli and Baines, then again with Chelsea/City and Stones.

Even at £30mill, if he is the number 1 for 10 years and turns into a top class keeper, then that works out at £3mill per season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back