2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

He is a brilliant goalkeeper and impressed last night.

I think for £17m we missed out on Mcguire too, especially when you look at some of the overpriced unnecessary purchases. He and Keane in front of Jordan would have gone a long way to rectifying one of the biggest issues in the current set up.

The most Ev thing in the world, we finally get a brilliant keeper after literally an entire generation of football, and it just so happens that the rest of the team turns to complete and utter cow pat instead.
That's kind of my "problem" with him. How many matches have we had against teams where we absolutely battered them but the keeper just got them a point (or more). Hell, Gomes at Watford has saved them from us probably 3-4 times already. He's done well for us but that's my only "criticism" of him, he hasn't yet and we desperately need one of those soon.

That's kind of my "problem" with him. How many matches have we had against teams where we absolutely battered them but the keeper just got them a point (or more). Hell, Gomes at Watford has saved them from us probably 3-4 times already. He's done well for us but that's my only "criticism" of him, he hasn't yet and we desperately need one of those soon.

Eh, you sure about that? He stopped us going 2-0 down against Bournemouth, made a full stretch save in the last minute against Stoke to secure our win, stopped us going 2-0 down at Brighton with two big saves. He's earned us his fair share of our points I'd say.

He is a brilliant goalkeeper and impressed last night.

I think for £17m we missed out on Mcguire too, especially when you look at some of the overpriced unnecessary purchases. He and Keane in front of Jordan would have gone a long way to rectifying one of the biggest issues in the current set up.
Brother in law played golf with a family member of McGuire in the summer he told him we had agreed to sign him & it was all but done. Apparently Keane then changed his mind about united & we no longer wanted him. Worrying that we either didnt have enough money or thought what we had was enough with only one addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back