2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, you sure about that? He stopped us going 2-0 down against Bournemouth, made a full stretch save in the last minute against Stoke to secure our win, stopped us going 2-0 down at Brighton with two big saves. He's earned us his fair share of our points I'd say.
Huh, that is fair. Maybe I'm just remembering the opposition more than him.

Writing in total ignorance of goalkeeping techniques, I think if Pickford has a fault it is that he chooses to keep stiff wrists for virtually every shot. Presumably the reasons for this are two-fold: to make sure a hard hit shot doesn't beat him through the sheer force driving the ball through his hands, and secondly to try and get distance on the ball so that having made the save the ball goes outside the danger zone. Unfortunately on recent occasions the ball has not gone far enough.

Brother in law played golf with a family member of McGuire in the summer he told him we had agreed to sign him & it was all but done. Apparently Keane then changed his mind about united & we no longer wanted him. Worrying that we either didnt have enough money or thought what we had was enough with only one addition.

We always needed more than one centre half. Criminal that the overpaid staff in charge of recruitment felt a bus load of one paced number 10s were the priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back